TMobile - Nokia 920 issue with data and MMS (unlocked from ATT)

Lizr0204

May 23, 2013
Visit site
I have a Nokia 920 that was on AT&T and now it's unlocked. I've been able to set it up on TMobile (south Florida area in case location matters) however, I'm having issues with getting and sending mms as well as slow internet. I've updated the settings a few times and it'll start working but then stop again. I've spent hours on the phone with tMobile and they haven't been able to help. Does anyone have any suggestions?

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I thought it only disabled tethering if you you didn't have a plan that supports tethering??? Wife and I are planning to move our 920's to T-Mobile once our ATT contract is up and trying to avoid any snafu's.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
When I first unlocked my att 920 I used a tmo sim and tethering worked but I wasn't getting good speeds so I tried the access point app. Next time I tried tethering it said I had to upgrade even though you get 500mb to tether on all plans. Same sim now in a Rogers 920 without access point and it tethers fine.

how1ard

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Not for nothing but I just found a load of charges on my mobile bill from Group texts I've sent that my carrier has identified as Picture messages and thus charged me. This is due to the "Send group as MMS" setting in the phone. So your network thinks that you are sending data as opposed to text. Disable this setting in the phone to avoid extra charges and recover the ones you've had, my carrier (3) refunded me over ?30.
I have unlimited data but picture messages are not covered, I don't think they are in any tariff on UK networks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786