Blinking/Pulsing/Breathing home button seen in video

WPenvy

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure why, but part of me hopes this is just a Nokia thing... That being said,

since it's the Windows button that flashes, it gives reason to believe that it's part Microsoft's doing too.​

If it was a manufacturer (Nokia) feature, then why not use a low power LED instead of the Windows button.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure why, but part of me hopes this is just a Nokia thing... That being said,
since it's the Windows button that flashes, it gives reason to believe that it's part Microsoft's doing too.​

If it was a manufacturer (Nokia) feature, then why not use a low power LED instead of the Windows button.

Well when Nokia did their "breathing light" in the past, it was usually a ring around or in between the five-way navigation thing. The Windows "home" is the closest thing to that I guess. Plus, why spend extra money adding an additional LED and finding a place to put it in an already cramped chassis when you can use something that's already there?

WPenvy

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Well when Nokia did their "breathing light" in the past, it was usually a ring around or in between the five-way navigation thing. The Windows "home" is the closest thing to that I guess. Plus, why spend extra money adding an additional LED and finding a place to put it in an already cramped chassis when you can use something that's already there?

I assume it'll start out as a Nokia only thing since HTC and Samsung have been quite slow with firmware changes etc...

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
Folks, hate to rain on your parade but that is not a consumer feature coming to these phones. It's meant for developers at Nokia to test battery life//power consumption and shows when the phone is in a low-power state.

Source: I asked Nokia's Kevin Shields when I saw it.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Fair enough. I wonder if they're able to use that light for development functions if they'd be able to turn it into the notification light we all want to see? I know you and Jay talked about it a while ago... let's hope MS thought about it too.

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
Fair enough. I wonder if they're able to use that light for development functions if they'd be able to turn it into the notification light we all want to see? I know you and Jay talked about it a while ago... let's hope MS thought about it too.
Well, I'm not privy to all of their plans, so I can't really speak to it. I just know that this blinked Win logo is a dev tool and not part of Amber/GDR2. Will try to find out more. I can't see why it can't be done though.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
knowing the coolness of the blinking gesture area on my Pre and the blinking center button on my treo.. this makes me a sad panda

Pavel Gotze

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Windows button flash is standard Nokia 925 functionality. This button flash occurs, when device battery is completely down. The if you put it on charger, you cannot switch device on for some time, untill battery charges little bit. For that time, Windows button starts flashing. This works on all Nokia 925. Just drain your battery completely and put on charger, you will see.

victor_solis

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I noticed that my 1020 was doing the same thing after I plugged it in to charge. Did a quick Bing search and it brought me here. The phone started up after a few minutes of being plugged in.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire