Some queries to Lumia 720 or 520 users.

Amit Choubey1

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,

I have some queries related with Lumia 520 or 720( these 2 are in my hitlist for now).
So here are my queries

One major doubt i had was i researched on this and it seems nokia default video player cant play mkv files ? Is it true ?
Is there a third party tool to play 720 p and 1080 p videos ?
Also heard about no equalizer setting. Are there 3rd party apps for there too. And how is the music quality.

Ill be basically using it for youtube, music, rss feeds and few games.

Someone please reply :)

SanjitVignesh

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Windows Phone can't play mkv files.
I am not sure about 3rd party players though.
The equalizer setting is not directly available in the Music + Videos section. It is available from the Nokia Music playing screen and also available as a separate Audio Setting in the Phone Settings. With Dolby Enhancements, music quality is really good. But however, I didn't like the ear bud type headset provided with the phone itself.

Last edited:

SanjitVignesh

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
720p and 1080p videos will run fine on mp4 and avi format. You can use a video converter on a PC to convert to either of these two formats and then play them on your phone.

SanjitVignesh

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Yes, the 520 has neither Dolby Sound nor an equalizer. But, I still find the music quality good enough with those settings off.
So, if you get a good compatible headset, you won't miss those features.

Naren Parker

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
You can use MoliPlayer to play all sorts of formats on your WP. Think of it as a VL-esque player but very well optimized and constant updates. VLC should also be around the corner (God knows when). For online streaming I use an app called Indian Cinema. It has a pretty good collection of songs and movies. Hope that helped.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720