Hi,

I was wondering:

1) What are the dimensions of the gorilla glass of the 720? And how much space do the curved edges of the glass take up? I haven't got my 720 yet, and thought i'd order it so that it can be installed when the phone arrives.
    2) Does anyone have experience with Vikuiti screen protectors (particularly the ADQC27 glossy protector) and their durability and how well these dry-mount protectors stay attached to the glass especially around the edges?
    I was considering wet-mount protectors, but can anyone recommend one that doesn't have the least "orange peel surface" feel that I read that a lot of these suffer from.
    05-23-2013 02:43 PM
    Can anyone help me with just question 1 then ? :-)
    05-25-2013 06:07 AM
    720 realistically does not need a screen guard unless you are looking to grind the phone on the walls with the screen facing the wall. Altough my screen is scratch free, but I don't share my phone pocket with anything else like keys or coins.

i will be buying this once the phone is replaced - Nokia Lumia 720 Screen Protector Scratch Guard Total BODY | eBay

I never heard of the brand "Vikuiti", it resembles a funny indian name "Vibhuti" which means sacred ash.
    (Can't imagine applying sacred ash to the phone lol)

As for the Gorilla Glass dimensions, I am not sure.
    05-27-2013 04:43 AM
    Hi Montsa,

Thanks for replying.
    I'll be biking/cycling to work every day with the 720 in my pocket, so it will be subject to some friction, so I just want to be safe I guess, and a screen protector is a relatively cheap investment compared to the phone. The Gadget Shieldz you linked to looks like a pretty decent product which also seems to have a cutout for the proximity sensor. Not all of the protectors do.

I never heard of Vikuiti either before now. It's apparently some sort of product made by 3M (doing all kind of high quality professional and consumer adhesives/protectors/films etc.), but I guess selling them in India would be near impossible with that name. :-)
    I found this very thourough test of screen protectors: Displayschutzfolien im Vergleichstest ? pocketnavigation.de | Navigation | GPS | Blitzer | POIs . It's in German, but google translate can probably help. The Vikuiti films didn't exactly win the comparison - a protector from "Mumbi" did, so I think I'll try to get that protector instead. Mumbi... not Mumbai :-D
    05-27-2013 02:07 PM
    3M have good quality but some screen protectors are little bit smaller than screen dimensions, because they use non glue sticker. Lumia 720 have rounded edges and full screen protectors must have glue. I looked long time for good cover and finally bought Nillkin Hard Cover + screen protector (you may find it on ebay).
    05-27-2013 02:30 PM
    So, the question is.... Should i put a screen protector or not?

I take keys usually within the Lumia 720...
    05-30-2013 09:51 AM
    So, the question is.... Should i put a screen protector or not?

I take keys usually within the Lumia 720...
    Better safe than sorry pal.
    05-30-2013 12:19 PM