Where to buy Ativ S for T-Mobile USA

WP8fan

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone bought an ATIV S and used it on T-Mobile USA's network? Does everything work? Do you get updates for it? Where did you buy it? I would only be interested in buying new. Thanks.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I bought one today off Amazon for $411 with Saturday delivery. It is unlocked and should work on all 3G bands T-Mo and AT&T. I will be using mine on AT&T I am hoping it will get 4G speeds. I know it wont work on LTE but AT&T 4G would be nice. I will post more tomorrow and over the next few days. That is if I do get it tomorrow.

jesgdev

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Picked one up off ebay from Canadian seller swiftronicsinc for about $380. Its an unlocked model T899M which has an LTE band compatible with tmobile usa if its available in your area. Use the Samsung apn settings app apn | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States) to add apn fast.t-mobile.com and you should be set. LTE is not available for me yet, so that is untested but I should be getting LTE in June(Seattle, WA) and will update if it works. Everything else works fine. Its a really nice phone.

Update:
LTE showed up on my phone today. Got 'no internet connection' errors until I added the apn as described above. Now it works!

Last edited:

WP8fan

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Picked one up off ebay from Canadian seller swiftronicsinc for about $380. Its an unlocked model T899M which has an LTE band compatible with tmobile usa if its available in your area..

Thanks. What condition did you buy it in? Brand new, refurbished or used? Was yours a Rogers or Bell version? That's a great price!

Dave Blake

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I got mine from Amazon today new never opened. I am using it on AT&T I am getting HSPA speeds. Everything works including mms. This is a nice device. I like the big screen.

WP8fan

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I got mine from Amazon today new never opened. I am using it on AT&T I am getting HSPA speeds. Everything works including mms. This is a nice device. I like the big screen.

You got a great deal! I am curious to know how it works on T-Mobile.

Did you get any accessories like a gel case for it yet? Would it take the same as a Galaxy SIII?

Dave Blake

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
You got a great deal! I am curious to know how it works on T-Mobile.

Did you get any accessories like a gel case for it yet? Would it take the same as a Galaxy SIII?

No I looked at that yesterday at the Best Buy the ATIV S is longer and more narrow than the S3 the cases didn't fit right. This phone is shaped more like the S4. I checked the ATIV S with the S4 display they were almost identical in shape and size. That Best Buy didn't have any S4 cases for me to test.

I am getting HSPA+ speeds on AT&T 7 mbps down 1 mbps up

Eric The Fruit Bat

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
T-Mobile LTE, at least in my area, is hit-or-miss. I'll be bringing my ATIV S up when I visit a a parental unit and see what it recognizes whilst I'm up there. I know that Verizon is rolling out Band IV on LTE, so it'll be interesting to see what shakes out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb