I'm finding that Nokia Lumias are like potato chips, you can't have just one.
    I'm in the U.S and I have a Lumia 920, but I'm thinking of getting an unlocked Lumia 620 to use as a media device/backup phone. I'm assuming the 620's being sold on eBay, Expansys, etc. are being imported from Asia. If the phone is from China, for example, will the set up process still be in English, or in Chinese? Obviously it will be difficult to set up the phone (including choosing region and country), if I can't read what's on the screen. Anyone know the answer to this question? Also, is it possible to have two phones connected to the same Microsoft account at the same time?
    05-24-2013 09:37 PM
    I got a 620 that I bought off ebay, the setup was in English, but it had Chinese keyboards and everything pre-installed and selected by default.
    It only takes a little while to download the English Dictionary, English Speech Language File etc.
    Once you change all the settings to English, you can then Uninstall all the other keyboards and stuff.
    And, once they are all uninstalled, you would never know it came from Asia.
    05-24-2013 11:44 PM
    I got a 620 that I bought off ebay, the setup was in English, but it had Chinese keyboards and everything pre-installed and selected by default.
    It only takes a little while to download the English Dictionary, English Speech Language File etc.
    Once you change all the settings to English, you can then Uninstall all the other keyboards and stuff.
    And, once they are all uninstalled, you would never know it came from Asia.
    Thanks so much for answering my question! What a relief that setup is in English. I figured I'd have to adjust the Keyboard, Language & Region, and Speech settings. Once you select the correct region, I assume the Date & Time adjusts itself (if it's set to automatic). Which setting is the English Dictionary found under?

How are you liking your 620 so far? Any issues with it? Oh, and how do firmware and OS updates work on unlocked phones? Do you get them at the same time they're pushed out to carrier locked phones?

Any idea if one Microsoft account can be linked to two phones?
    05-25-2013 12:37 AM
    I guess you can flash a global variant firmware later
    05-25-2013 12:43 AM
    How do you do that :/
    I am thinking of buying unlocked phone as well, and it would be helpful if I can get some info about OS updates
    05-25-2013 10:29 AM
    You can flash an unbranded firmware from India or one from Europe. You have to download Nokia Connectivity Suite and download the latest firmware for the device. Once downloaded you can connect your phone and flash.
    05-27-2013 11:18 AM
    The Lumia 620 I got for my mom on Amazon is from Malaysia. It has Malay and Chinese as options on the keyboard in addition to English, but those can easily be uninstalled. Her keyboard also went straight to English... British English, but English nonetheless.
    05-27-2013 11:51 AM
    Thanks so much for answering my question! What a relief that setup is in English. I figured I'd have to adjust the Keyboard, Language & Region, and Speech settings. Once you select the correct region, I assume the Date & Time adjusts itself (if it's set to automatic). Which setting is the English Dictionary found under?

How are you liking your 620 so far? Any issues with it? Oh, and how do firmware and OS updates work on unlocked phones? Do you get them at the same time they're pushed out to carrier locked phones?

I use a 920 full time, the 620 I got for my wife and we have not had any problems with it at all. I'm pretty sure the dictionary was downloaded with the keyboard or going under advanced in keyboard settings. You'll figure it out.

You won't get specific carrier updates, so you get updates as soon as Microsoft and Nokia push them out to unlocked devices which is usually earlier.
    05-28-2013 11:52 PM
    Yes it can. Your account can be used on any number of phones without any problem.
    05-29-2013 01:22 AM