Should I switch from HTC to Nokia

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
I am having problems these days not thinking Nokia whenever I think of WP, and I have yet to own a Nokia powered WP. It is just unfair how hard Nokia works to improve their products and stand out. They are rabid- trying to get market share, touting the WP experience, fighting tooth and nail to get apps on the ecosystem,

HTC is the oldest Microsoft OS hardware partner, and without them there would be no real history or progress on WP. They seem determined to stick with WP 8. I respect and am cheering for them to be a winner. But....... dang it all, Nokia is just all in on WP and it shows. Even IF you do not think you will use Nokia exclusives right now, in two years they will have about 5 more created that you will kick yourself for not having.

While i agree with you, in two years the original poster will be six months into his next phone. In the context of switching this generation, I don't think the price justifies it unless you can somehow get it subsidized.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm in love with my windows phone. However, when I upgraded there was only the HTC 8x and the Nokia 822 for Verizon. I went with the 8x because it had the better stats. Now that I I've owned a windows phone for sometime now, I have always seen "Nokia Exclusive" apps released in the store. With nothing really coming from HTC.

So my question is do you guys think its worth it to switch from the 8x to the Nokia Lumia 928?

HTC = Paint Peel :'(, makes me weep to see my phone loose its color. Besides HTC is an Android dominated handset maker, so it *may* not bother about supporting or making good apps for wp platform phones it has released, for a simple reason it won't impact its profits as they can release HTC One & a Half, HTC One Quarter, HTC One Forth etc., Also they lack Nokia Exclusive apps like Here Drive, Here Maps, City Lens etc.,

Nokia (even the lowest phone) has access to the exclusive apps + build quality is robust :), lastly they are betting heavily on wp8, which for an end user means dedicated support and updates.

I'm not a ******, have used multiple devices just sharing what I feel is correct.

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
HTC = Paint Peel :'(, makes me weep to see my phone loose its color. Besides HTC is an Android dominated handset maker, so it *may* not bother about supporting or making good apps for wp platform phones it has released, for a simple reason it won't impact its profits as they can release HTC One & a Half, HTC One Quarter, HTC One Forth etc., Also they lack Nokia Exclusive apps like Here Drive, Here Maps, City Lens etc.,

Nokia (even the lowest phone) has access to the exclusive apps + build quality is robust :), lastly they are betting heavily on wp8, which for an end user means dedicated support and updates.

I'm not a ******, have used multiple devices just sharing what I feel is correct.

Just to get the correct information out there, HTC 8x and 8s do have access to Here Drive, Here Transit and Here Maps. Nokia phones have Drive+ and City Lens, but the only differences are that Drive+ has a global license (vs regional) and (I think) Drive+ will have traffic updates. The update to Here Maps now has "Live Sight" which appears to pretty much be a way to use City Lens in Here Maps to counter Google Maps Street View.

The only real differences are the Nokia exclusives of other developers/services and it really depends how much you use them.

WizeGuyDezignz

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
8X to 928 owner here. Don't even think about it and just make the switch now. This is just simply a better phone imo.

Aside from the Nokia exclusive apps and the better camera, the screen on the 928 just looks so much better to me. The daylight visibility is tons better and the color saturation and pop is also much better. And the auto brightness works much better on this phone.

There are other reasons, but those are the big ones for me. Just do it.

ReckfulVic

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Hey all, thanks for the advice once again. I was actually trying to research what apps/games Nokia has exclusively just for Nokia, and was unable to find a complete list. Does anyone know if such a list exists?

abel920

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Keep the 8x. As much as I love Nokia and the Lumia line, the HTC 8X/8S is just a masterpiece in terms of design.
But the only useful distinction: 8x is for people with small hands who prefer small phones, and 92x is for people who wants phones of just the middle ground size.

deku13

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I switched from 822 to 8x and don't really miss much, but the Nokia amber update might change that. That double tap to wake and always on clock appear to be some sexy features.

ReckfulVic

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Well I went in the store to see what it feels like... and purchased it right away. It just feels and handles for me so much better than the 8x. And performance wise, so far its as good and even better than the 8x ( I say this and now my 928 will probably break). But both call quality and battery life seem to be out performing my 8x. And the speakers are just amazingly good. Sure I'll miss beats audio when I'm working out with headphones, but I think that's the only thing I'll miss. Thanks for all your input guys.

Darth Lumia

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
I just sold my 8X and I'm waitng to get my L928. I got tired of the Beats Audio on my 8X the constant hissing while listening to Spotify and whenever youre watching a movie on Netflix.

jefbeard911

May 28, 2012
Visit site
FYI.. There's a pretty easy way to install Nokia exclusive apps on the 8X, or any non-Nokia device. You can search the forum on how to do it.... Just sayin'...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett