720 doesn`t charge properly with non-original charger

Jezs

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I bought my 720 a few weeks ago. It has been absolutely awesome but there is this one very annoying bug.

So if I charge it with the original charger, the battery lasts about 35-40 hours in my normal use.

But if I charge it from usb or with a Samsung charger, the battery hardly lasts 10-15 hours max.

Does anyone know how this can be and is there any solution I could try? I have tried 4 different chargers and it`s the same thing every time with every charger.

So what causes this? The chargers give different amount of power and the phone doesn`t recognize it properly?

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
How long does it take you to charge from 0 to 100%?
Also, check the rating of the charger (how many mA). If it's the same, it should be okay. Most microUSB chargers are 5V anyway.

Jezs

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Of course they are all 5V.
With the original charger it takes about 2 hours from 10 to 100%.

I just checked the chargers. The original is 1300mA while the Samsung chargers are 700mA and I think pc-usb gives 500mA max. So obviously just charging longer with the other chargers should work but it doesn`t.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
There shouldn't be a difference (except in charging time, of course) no matter which charger of the three you use.

It's odd, because I occasionally wind up using my old microUSB charger with my 620.

If you don't know what's wrong, try turning the phone off right after charging, and turn it back on again. By then it should show accurate results.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720