I saw a couple of Ebay 920s and was wonder what it would take to call AT&T up and ask for the phone to be unlocked.

What does AT&T customer service want to know and how can I get it done?

Thanks
    05-26-2013 10:30 PM
    https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

General Eligibility Requirements for Unlocking All AT&T Mobile Devices

AT&T will unlock an AT&T Mobile Device under the following circumstances:

• The person requesting the unlock must be:
      • a current AT&T customer or
      • a former AT&T customer who can provide the phone number or account number for the account.
      • a non-AT&T customer with an AT&T Device.

• The AT&T Mobile Device was designed for use on AT&T's network.
    • The AT&T Mobile Device has not been reported lost or stolen.

Customer Specific Requirements

• Postpaid and Prepaid Customers with a Service Commitment: Account has been active for at least sixty (60) days and is in good standing (i.e., it has no past due amount or unpaid balance owed AT&T), and all contract obligations, including any Service Commitment, associated with the Device to be unlocked have been fully satisfied. The Service Commitment associated with a given Device may be satisfied in the following ways:
      • Fulfillment of the Service Commitment by expiration of any contractual term;
      • Upgrading to a new Device under AT&T’s standard or early upgrade policies; or
      • Payment of any applicable ETF.

• Pre-Paid without a Service Commitment: Account has been active for at least 6 months.

Additional Information about AT&T Mobile Device Unlocks

• Current customers will be allowed up to five (5) unlocks per account, per year.
    • Former customers will be allowed a total of five (5) unlocks per former account.
    • In addition, AT&T will unlock any AT&T Mobile device for an active and deployed member of the military who is a current AT&T customer in good standing and is able to provide AT&T with deployment verification.

05-26-2013 11:20 PM
    I have a question from the information supplied.

General Eligibility Requirements for Unlocking All AT&T Mobile Devices

AT&T will unlock an AT&T Mobile Device under the following circumstances:

• The person requesting the unlock must be:
      a non-AT&T customer with an AT&T Device.
    • The AT&T Mobile Device was designed for use on AT&T's network.
    • The AT&T Mobile Device has not been reported lost or stolen.

So does that mean that if I am a non-customer and have a AT&T 920 that is not lost or stolen; that customer service will unlock it?
    05-27-2013 03:53 AM
    Called and read this to the customer service rep - stupid I know; she did not know this; so I ask if could get it unlocked and she said she had to ask her supervisor. Well long story....short supervisor refuse to do it because I was not a customer of AT&T!

Crappo!
    05-27-2013 12:08 PM
    05-27-2013 12:30 PM
    Called and read this to the customer service rep - stupid I know; she did not know this; so I ask if could get it unlocked and she said she had to ask her supervisor. Well long story....short supervisor refuse to do it because I was not a customer of AT&T!

Crappo!
    What network/carrier were you planning on using it on? I would suggest getting an unlocked 920 from Negri, GSMNation or some similar online store or waiting for the 925 (I'm sort of assuming you're with T-Mobile or with a prepaid carrier??). I wouldn't trust AT&T as far as I could throw it.
    05-27-2013 02:05 PM
    05-27-2013 05:52 PM