Bluetooth and Music Woes

tmservo

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I might be the only one who runs into this, but while I have enjoyed the phone, as a bluetooth music playback device, it seems to just be tough sledding. First, if I'm in my car and using a random mix of all my music, these kind of things are typical:

(1) The same son will get repeated more than once in a one hour period.. when I've got 12Gb of Music on my phone, this shouldn't happen; random should be random with no repeats, but repeats happen often.

(2) Text message comes in.. plays over my car speakers (fine) with the "reply" voice follow up, fine.. it's over.. and.. music stopped cold. I don't seemingly have a way to resume music at the point whereever it was in the random, I have to go back into Nokia music and start a new one all over again.. sometimes it stays "paused" and refuses to play; have to switch away from bluetooth on my car stereo and switch back to it (fine) at which point, even if it does start playing, it now no longer sends the song title/artist..

(3) various universal complaints about Audible Audiobook software, which is primarily junk on Windows Phone..

I'm guessing based on comments elsewhere I cannot be the only one with these issues.. is this a bluetooth issue that is likely to be software addressed, or is it just a hardware issue unlikely to be resolved?

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Text message comes in.. plays over my car speakers (fine) with the "reply" voice follow up, fine.. it's over.. and.. music stopped cold. I don't seemingly have a way to resume music at the point whereever it was in the random, I have to go back into Nokia music and start a new one all over again.. sometimes it stays "paused" and refuses to play; have to switch away from bluetooth on my car stereo and switch back to it (fine) at which point, even if it does start playing, it now no longer sends the song title/artist..

This might be a Nokia Music issue coz on the Music App the song does resume

astondg

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
sometimes it stays "paused" and refuses to play; have to switch away from bluetooth on my car stereo and switch back to it (fine) at which point, even if it does start playing, it now no longer sends the song title/artist..

I have this with a bluetooth headset. I haven't found a specific scenario that causes it but sometimes if the music is interrupted (e.g. by a text message or something) it won't restart (the pause/play icon on 'now playing' shows that it's in a playing state but the time tracking bar is not progressing and I can't hear anything. I have to disconnect my bluetooth headset to get it to continue.

HatchAU

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I have exactly the same issue with Xbox music and Spotify. It is so frustrating and I reckon it's got to do with the Bluetooth radio tack, not the music app... It still happens after the latest update. Actually, it's worse :unhappysweat:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes