Camera Physical Button Stopped Working

ballanda

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Simple as that. Bummer. I tried hard reset, soft reset, re-flash, everything. Has anyone ever been able to recover from this problem?

ballanda

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like you're going to have to try to change the flex cable. If you're up to it.

Thanks very much for the input! Well, I see one for $35 USD on eBay. I'd hate to throw away the money if that isn't the source of the problem. How certain are you that this is the cause? I dropped it the other day, not even that hard, and I suppose that was when the trouble started. Unfortunately it is out of warranty.

nikhilr51

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
How has your warranty expired already????
If you bought in on launch day last year its still within the 1 or 2 year warranty Nokia offers!!
What country are you in?

ballanda

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I bought it factory unlocked in the US. It was the UK variant. Nokia website says my warranty is invalid for this reason. Next time I'll know.

ZiiimZooon

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
The first point of the camera button (the focus) stopped working on mine, but it could take a picture.. I'm waiting for mine to get swapped ;)

nikhilr51

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
I bought it factory unlocked in the US. It was the UK variant. Nokia website says my warranty is invalid for this reason. Next time I'll know.

Oh you bought an import device?
Contact the place you bought it from, grey importers usually offer some sort of warranties of their own.
Orrr if you ever go to the uk (where your warranty is still valid), get it fixed there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss