Not 100% sure if this is a typo or not...but it looks like Best buy has the Lumia 920 up for $50 on a 2 year contract. Much better than the Rogers site that has it for $20 on 3 year still. Only black on their site from what I can see but a good deal for those that don't have it and might be looking.

Rogers Nokia Lumia 920 Smartphone - 2 Year Agreement : Rogers Windows Phone 8 - Best Buy Canada
    05-28-2013 01:47 PM
    I saw this earlier and just assumed it was a typo since in Canada there arent 2 year contracts.
    05-28-2013 03:58 PM
    A few months ago, Best Buy was selling them for $29.99 on a 2-year contract, and the contract could even be voice-only.
    05-29-2013 11:14 AM
    I got a Lumia 920 for free on a two year contract from Rogers at the beginning of April 2013.

I came across this by finding a deal from Best Buy Canada (advertised on their website) for a free 920 on a 2 year contract with Rogers, plus a $25 Best Buy gift card. I called Best Buy, because there was no stock information online for their stores (and the deal wasn't available for purchase online) and each store (in the Edmonton area) was completely out of Lumia stock. In fact, they all said they had their stock pulled back by Rogers. So I went to a local Rogers authorized dealer and they agreed to match the deal (except for the gift card, so they gave a free $10 case instead). So I got the Lumia 920 for free and am on a two year data/voice contract for $45/month (the plan is actually their $55/month plan, but there was a $10/month discount going on).

Future Shop (which is owned by Best Buy) had a similar deal going at the same time for a Samsung ATIV Windows 8 smartphone (free on 2 year Rogers contract plus a $25 Future Shop gift card). But since I wanted the Lumia instead, I didn't check to see if there was actually any stock for that deal (since it had the same issue of showing no stock online).

I've never seen a similar deal before or since for either of these two phones (either for free or for so cheap on a two year contract).
    chezm likes this.
    05-29-2013 01:55 PM
    kyothar, great job!!! i just assumed it would never happen and gave up on the idea, excellent way to take advantage!
    05-29-2013 03:28 PM
    Thanks, chezm. Before I saw that deal, I was considering getting an unlocked Lumia 920/820/720/620 but didn't really like the upfront price I would have had to pay. And I didn't really want to order one off of eBay just to save some money, since I couldn't guarantee how reputable the sellers were. So I was very happy to see this deal come up and am very happy with the 920.
    05-29-2013 11:42 PM
    I just got a white 920 from Rogers two weeks ago on a 2-year contract for $0, while it was still $99 on a 2-year contract. I just called and pestered them about not being able to match my plan with WIND and eventually, they credited my account $100 + activation and I got the first month free. I signed up on their $43 voice/data plan (it had double the minutes/data). I also tried to get a wireless charging pad (they were giving them out for free with 3-year plans in April) but that didn't work.

The $43 and $63/month plans on their website right now include voice/data/voicemail/callerID and the footnote says "for month-to-month or 2-year select devices only". It doesn't specify what a select device is, but the Lumia 920 is available on a 2-year. There was a lot of confusion while I was trying to negotiate the deal because the CSR reps seemingly don't know what's on the website. I can confirm that it worked for me though. I actually saw the Best Buy deal a few days after I ordered the phone and slightly peeved that I went through all that pestering for nothing, I could've asked them to price match and gotten another kind of discount, sigh. That deal ended May 23rd, I believe.

Just know competitor plans and prices inside out and give them a call. Once you get directed to customer relations/retentions, you're on the right track. If the person is being stubborn, end the call and call again. They can easily dock the $50. You will -guaranteed- get at least $20 off. Just don't accept anything less, hang up if they won't do it and call back. Know your plans in and out - the $43 2-year plan sucks compared to the $39 2-year plan offered by Fido right now, for example. Doesn't hurt to try :)!
    05-30-2013 12:28 AM