Lcd screen slightly raising- Manufacturing defect?

WP Prospect

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Hello all, i have finally bought myself a 520. Tremendously happy with my choice amidst the hype and hooplah over android and others. Still learning though and its quite refreshing... Well to get to the matter at hand... My question is to those who actually own a 520 so they can check this issue and update it here, so ill know if its a common thing or 1 in a 100. For me its certainly a manufacturing fault. I wanna have something to talk about when i take it to the nokia care centre.

a few basics to help understand what im referring to.

Around the phones edges you should,notice a group of 3 borders.
1. The outside case border
2. The inside LCD border.
3. And finally the actual LCD at the center.

Now try holding the phone up to the light in front of your eyes like you are inspecting a currency note. Watch the four corners for a slight raising of the 3rd layer or the actual LCD screen on the said corner. For my phone its on the top right corner next to the nokia symbol. The actual LCD is very very slightly raised compared to the tight edges all around. If I push on it, it goes back into perfect alignmemt only to pop up very slowly after ten minutes.

My worry is if this issue will persist and the gap may be more pronounced in the future. And since its very difficult to notice or show im worried if nokia care will just tell me to go figure.

If I hadnt noticed it, it wouldnt have mattered much, but now that I have, its quite discincerting really. I keep checking it every 5 minutes and cant help but wonder....

well anyway, please post your observations and thoughts.

Thank you all...

AJ

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
If you could take a clear picture, or post a video showing the exact issue that'd help :).
I know you are asking 520 users, but am not really sure how long it'll take for a 520 user to come here and respond to the thread, instead a pic or video would help and anyone could tell the difference if your unit is faulty or if your mind is playing games.
Why don't you visit a store that has a 520 on display and compare it with yours?
if you find a fault/difference of any kind, straight away visit Nokia Care.

WP Prospect

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Thank you montsa.... Ill post a pic asap. Its gonna be tricky to get the angle right though. As to playing tricks, im pretty sure its not:) there is certainly a difference in alignment. In only hoping for others to notice so I can go with confidence to nokia. Thanks again... AJ

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Thank you montsa.... Ill post a pic asap. Its gonna be tricky to get the angle right though. As to playing tricks, im pretty sure its not:) there is certainly a difference in alignment. In only hoping for others to notice so I can go with confidence to nokia. Thanks again... AJ

In that case, go for a video pal.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss