Syncing sub-folders with ActiveSync

Tim Lovegrove

May 29, 2013
Visit site
I've just taken delivery of half a dozen 920's for provisioning to my users. I'm up and running quite easily, and I have my Exchange 2010 mailbox connected to the phone over ActiveSync. So far so good - sending and receiving emails successfully.

My problem is that by default, only the Inbox is synced. I have 40-50 sub-folders, managed by rules in my mailbox, and in order to get these to sync it seems I must go to the folder view, open the folder and select "sync this folder". Is there a global setting that will automatically sync *all* my sub-folders without having to set it individually on each folder? I'm annoyed at having to do this with 50 folders, and some of the other end users have several hundred sub-folders which will need to be synced.

It's detecting the mailbox's folder structure successfully, and once the folder is set to sync it works fine, so there's no connectivity issue.

Thanks in advance...

tgzgeorge

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
What you need to do is go to the folder you want and press/hold then do a sync folder. It wont display that folder like the inbox and you have to navigate to that folder to view the emails or you can also pin it to start. By default or by design only the inbox within the mailbox if you're using exchange. On other platforms it's more or less the same.

Tim Lovegrove

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply George. Not really what I was hoping for but I appreciate the answer! I hate Blackberries and even they have a "sync all folders" option. At least it appears to sync all the sub folders automatically once you've set them to be synced.

Is there a full Outlook style app that can be downloaded for it and connected over ActiveSync, rather than using the rather basic built-in email handler?

angelo unelli

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
Did you ever find any way to automatically sync the sub-folders? Pin the folder to the start page is very messy especially if you have a lot of sub-folders

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99