Here map improvements

mihirt7

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
so i had gone for a hiking / trekking trip over the weekend and I used my L920 for directions mostly offline. It worked great most of the time, but here are some of the things that I think would have improved the performance ( my friend had android and we used it sometimes as well).

1) all apps integrated into one - Here maps, here drive, here transit.
2) different route options visually . I do not want to go back to start enable / disable (highways or tolls or whatever). I want to be able to visually compare the routes.
3) List of directions like we see in here maps at the start. We should be able to see the directions as well as hear the navigation.
4) Ability to continue the voice navigation when we put the device to sleep.
5) I know nokia has something similar to google maps street view.. it should be integrated into this maps (livesight is a different feature though).

what do you guys think?

hary536

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Some of these are known things. What will help is to send these points to Nokia maps/drive feedback. They do listen/collect these feedbacks.

For pt.1, I believe that was a thought-out decision. They wanted to keep maps, drive and transite development and release cycle separate and easier, hence I believe
they have three separate apps. What they should do is have links to open other apps from each other. That should help.
For pt. 4, I thought that would be possible. I don't have WP device for now, so can't confirm, but I think Nokia's symbian version used to work when phone was locked(which I believe is same as sleep.)
For pt. 5, I think Nokia is betting on livesight/city lens than on google like street view.

so i had gone for a hiking / trekking trip over the weekend and I used my L920 for directions mostly offline. It worked great most of the time, but here are some of the things that I think would have improved the performance ( my friend had android and we used it sometimes as well).

1) all apps integrated into one - Here maps, here drive, here transit.
2) different route options visually . I do not want to go back to start enable / disable (highways or tolls or whatever). I want to be able to visually compare the routes.
3) List of directions like we see in here maps at the start. We should be able to see the directions as well as hear the navigation.
4) Ability to continue the voice navigation when we put the device to sleep.
5) I know nokia has something similar to google maps street view.. it should be integrated into this maps (livesight is a different feature though).

what do you guys think?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro