Transfer text to phone through QR code

nokia3660

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
Just though I will share this which I found to be too dumb to have not realized so far.:excited:

I was checking something online in my laptop and wanted to send the text to my L920 and wished there was a simpler way than sending a mail or txt file via BT. Something in the lines of Dukto (Symbian crowd would know this). Well I did manage to get the text on to my phone but as I went to bed something struck me and I had a realization that QR code can contain text and I can just scan it to get the text on to my phone. There might be easier ways to do it but this must be the geekiest way :winktongue:

I am not sure if this thread comes across as a dumb one or more like huh, why did I think of that. Anyway just wanted to let you good folks know (if you are not already aware) that getting text on to your phone is much simpler :)

p.s: You can really push the limit of text you put into a QR code, you just have to make sure that the QR code is big enough and your phone is capable of reading it. Scan the attached QR code and see how much text it holds. Worked in my L920

p.p.s: I tried it out on my L920 and so am putting it under 920 section. Mods please feel free to move the thread or thrash if it if you feel it is too dumb

qrcode.png

miodrage

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
U also have AirForShare.com - and the application in the Store, so u can use that for these kinda stuff. I am however looking for a WP8/Win8 app that could share files between the 2 devices (I am doing it via DropBox, SkyDrive, or something like this)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett