Can the OIS be damaged from a fall?

Dante X

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I dropped my Lumia 920 today when taking a picture, and it landed on concrete. The screen is fine, all seems to be working fine, just a little damage on the back of the phone... but I remember that I hear somewhere that the OIS is actually a moveable part on the lenses, so my question is if the OIS system can be damaged from a fall ????? :/

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
There's an OIS test in Nokia Care Suit > Product support tool for store 5.0

I dropped my phone while calling , my network coverage disappeared (currently waiting to get back to my home country to fix it)
the fall was 2 meters high to a very hard tiled floor , the screen unlike my brothers galaxy didn't break , the coverage is the only thing that got broken !!!
this thing is a tank.

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
There's an OIS test in Nokia Care Suit > Product support tool for store 5.0

I dropped my phone while calling , my network coverage disappeared (currently waiting to get back to my home country to fix it)
the fall was 2 meters high to a very hard tiled floor , the screen unlike my brothers galaxy didn't break , the coverage is the only thing that got broken !!!
this thing is a tank.

Cool! So if I download Nokia Care Suite, I could check if my OIS is working as it should? And what type of results do it show?

Sorry to ask but I can't download it at work right now and I will be back at home only in a couple of days....and also if you could provide a link where I could download this software...

Thanks in advance!

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Yes it does a test where you're going to hear the sound of the OIS at work and it'll give you a result. (Actually there's a battery of tests to check everything buy your network connection.

Dante X

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Yes it does a test where you're going to hear the sound of the OIS at work and it'll give you a result. (Actually there's a battery of tests to check everything buy your network connection.

None of the tests worked for me :/
I put my phone on TEST mode, and when I click on a TEST it does nothing :S

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes