Dog broke 8X volume button.

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
I was walking up the stairs, and my dog jumped up on me and knocked my phone out of my hand. It fell down the whole staircase.

I was surprised that the screen was still in one piece, but the volume button was dented so I couldn't ad just the volume.

Question: Is there any way to change the volume without the button?

Q2: Will HTC fix this?

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I was walking up the stairs, and my dog jumped up on me and knocked my phone out of my hand. It fell down the whole staircase.

I was surprised that the screen was still in one piece, but the volume button was dented so I couldn't ad just the volume.

Question: Is there any way to change the volume without the button?

Q2: Will HTC fix this?

!) The only way to change volume is by using the button.

2) Manufacturers warranties do not cover accidental damage. If you have phone insurance then this would be covered under the policy otherwise you will have to pay for the repair yourself.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
If you have insurance, you may be covered. But if not, another thought, if you're technically inclined, would be to look on ebay for a phone with a cracked screen but otherwise works, and take the screen from yours and put in it. That may even be cheaper than using insurance, depending on what you get it for vs what the deductible is on your insurance.

th0mas96

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
or you could contact a local store (or even HTC) and ask what a replacement would cost, or search the web if it's easy to replace.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo