Just got this phone and I need some advice about data conservation

MusicalSmith

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I just recently got this phone yesterday, and I must say that I am very impressed by its ability to navigate through itself at lightening speeds, and it has a relativly fast web browser (amazing). However, I am coming from a texting phone, and this is the first time that I am on a data plan (a low 300 MB plan at that). I already know that wifi is my best friend when it comes to data conservation, but I am noticing that some things still use the internet without me wanting them to. My main concern being the "What's New" section in the "People" live tile.

Are my fears about this application using up all of my data unnecessary, and if they are not unnecessary, is there any way that I can turn off the "People Hub" syncing with facebook?

Also, what about things like surfing the internet, email, and twitter; how much data do they use up?

I already know that things like music and video streaming, app downloading, and picture uploading take up a massive amount of data, but is there anything else I should look out for?

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I think you have it covered already. I wouldn't worry too much about synchronising with your social networks using up significant amounts of data though. But I'd advise only allowing your pictures to upload via WiFi only.

kokola95

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
So far that i know, things that suck data are:

Photos hub : auto upload, sync albums
Music+Videos: podcasts, xbox music sync
Office+OneNote : server sync
Messaging : messenger and FB chat
People hub : account sync and also social networking updates.

They all seem suck data drastically in my opinion, but you can turn them of (some)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss