Can't dial number from Bluetooth connection

Ross Myers

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

I have this annoying problem I can seem to sort out. My phone has paired to my cars radio fine (2012 Cruze), I can receive calls via Bluetooth no problem, I can view my contacts list on the cars radio, but if I press the call button on the radio nothing happens. If I dial using the phone then it switches over to the cars Bluetooth connection when the person answers.
Before we blame the cars radio, my old Nokia 6200 worked fine as does my wife's iPhone, both respond (i.e make the call) if I pressed the phone number on the cars radio, it's something goofy with my 520 I think. Any tips to get this sorted?

Thanks.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Yikes. It shouldn't happen and I don't know how prevalent this problem is with bluetooth and this model Lumia. A quick Bing search doesn't isolate the 520 as being unique in this regard. Actually, there isn't a lot of it being reported from this quick search. If you've done all the basic stuff, turn off BT on your phone, restarted the phone then enable it again, I suspect you might have a faulty BT driver. At worse, I would do a hard reset if you haven't done it already. Make sure you are registered to your LIVE account then try again. If that doesn't work, the next step is Nokia support. Good luck.

Ross Myers

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Well, strange thing is it works ok in my wife's car, so I'm not sure it's 100% the phone at fault here. Just annoying that two other phones work fine in my car when my own phone doesn't.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo