Best scratch guard for Lumia 928?

GrabMyWrist

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
I received the SkinPea guard this afternoon. It's very easy to install and offers edge to edge protection, minus the cutouts for the earpiece, sensor and microphone. It's very close to a ZAGG but so much better.

chefster74

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I just applied my Skinpea on the screen only last night. They do have the rest of the phone skins as well. While I was a tad sceptical, When I got up this morning I have a beautiful, easy glide and NO BUBBLES under it! It is a bit pricey, but I think I'm going to really like it. I've had the cheapo's that Verizon sells and have never really liked them. This screen is really beautiful and with my luck I'd scratch it sooner or later. Watch the video on their site, it sold me!
So there's my 2 cents.

jt09xlt

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Once upon a time I got "SGP Samsung Galaxy Nexus Prime Screen Protector Steinheil Series [Ultra Oleophobic]" for my nexus. They were pretty good, and were markedly better than the standard Verizon screen protectors.

They are better than most as far as the Oleophobic goes but I have had one (the specific cover you mentioned)on my Galaxy Nexus for about a year and a half and the coating does eventually and unfortunately start to wear down.I will continue to look for something similar in a cover when I do make the switch over to WP8 later this year as I did think it helped out when I first put the cover on and with the Steinheil you get 2 covers per package.

Funky Cricket

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I got the armorsuit military shield from amazon. It was a pain in the *** to put on, but after about 5 days all my bubbles are gone (except one really big one but it is down below the back button) and all the finger prints and other imperfections have just gone away.

best 10 bucks ever.

tanman8097

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Here is my Zagg Experience:

Summary; If you want a shield that takes weeks to arrive, has horrible installation, scratches easier than my old cheap generic shields, and to top it all off with unprecedented incompetent staff, then go ahead and waste $19.00.

So I will describe my experience. By the way, the fact that they say avoid writing about customer service or specific price is dumb. Both are an essential part of the product experience, it's shady that they are filtering out for their benefit.
So I purchased this shield from the ZAGG site recently.

Problem #1: It took about 10 days for me to get a shipping notification and another 7 to get to my doorstep. Thankfully my screen did not scratch in that time after having peeled off my old dirty one.

Problem #2: I went to install it and it turns out that the directions are way too overly simplified and incomplete. The outer peel layer attachment tabs to the shield broke immediately upon peeling off the paper requiring me to put prints on the shield to hold it. This also almost caused me to fold the protector and it awkwardly stretched off. There were no directions on how to remove the speaker tabs which then forced me to remove after installation. I can only hope that the applicator liquid did not trigger the water tabs in case I ever have to replace the phone. When pulling them off they also awkwardly pulled up the shield creating air bubbles and hassle.

Problem #3) when squeegeeing with the rubber as the directions advised, using gentle proper force, it scraped the screen and those scrapes are PERMANENT! Still there! With a soft rubber squeegee that they provide! I could not believe my eyes after reading about the reputation of these. Apparently not at all what they claim!

Problem #4) The directions only stated in small print at the bottom to seek online instructions on their site for non English speakers. After installing I discovered detailed install videos online. Maybe instead of bad incomplete directions, just provide a video link please ZAGG!

Problem #5) I sent an email requesting a refund, that only took them nearly a week to respond to!

Problem #6) It took about 4 very detailed emails just for them to answer my two simple refund inquiries.

Problem #7) they said yes I can return it, but I have to go and send it, waste $0.50 on a stamp, an envelope, and another $1.50 on minimum required insurance (Which they recommend). By this time I am out time and more money (Which they do not refund) just to return a crappy $19.00 shield. I also now have to buy another screen since I peeled my old one off, there's another $5.00 and more hassle. Forget it ZAGG.

Problem #7) When addressing my shipping complaint, they LIED to me and said it sent 5 days after ordering and took 3-7 days. So now they are stingy lying con artists to the T. Never again for me.

freddyfromutah

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Just my 2 cents on Zagg. I went to their main retail location (Utah), and had the screen protector installed. It took them about 5 minutes and looks great. I had some cheap protectors on the screen previously, but they were absolute trash... while the Zagg feels a little thicker, after a day or two, I hardly noticed it. I highly recommend the Zagg IF you can have a mall cart, or retail location do the install for you, not worth the hassle on your own.

Retail Locations

mrZoSo

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I had the ArmorSuit MilitaryShield and it looked great, went on easy. The 'orange peel' is very minimum. A little gummy for my taste though, but a very good product. It did save my screen from getting scratched while getting cut in the process.
Now I'm using a SkinPea. Installation was a little buggy, as it didn't glide nearly as well as the ArmorSuit. As a matter of fact, it had very little glide, I had to pretty much get it on the money when laying it on the screen. Looks good on the phone, sliding finger on it feels kind of tacky. It is NOT 'orange peel' free as they claim and it is no less than the ArmorSuit.

There is an issue with mine and it looks like a manufacturing defect. Been trying to get in touch with SkinPea, since 4 days after I received the screen protector, and have yet to hear back from them and it's been just over a month and a half now! VERY disappointing!
If and when I hear from them I'm going for a refund.

So, I'll be ordering a Skinomi next and we'll see how that one goes :)

dkediger

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Uggggh...Have had 3 GG/GG2 devices (Sammy GS Mesmerize, Moto Electrify2, Lumia 928). All have been kept naked, usually ride around in my pocket. I work IT in an auto dealership group, so these phones have been exposed and used in "unkind" environments. NEVER have had any problems with the screen, and very few issues with the bodies. HATE my wife's GS3 wife a screen protector.

Not sure what everyone does to mar their phones, but just my $0.02

mrZoSo

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Well, seen WPC had a deal on BodyGuardz for the 928. So guess what I just ordered :)
I'll report on it after I get it.

mrZoSo

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
BodyGuardz is on! First thing, the shipping was FAST!
This one definitely feels the best as far as sliding a finger on it, very little tacky feeling and low resistance. It has the least amount of "orange peel" than the others I've had, it almost looks like glass.
Installation was a little tricky as I did it dry, but you get two so that's a great deal. If and when I need to put the second skin on, I will do it wet.
There is a haze when you first install it and it will go away, mine has already cleared, and the documentation that comes with them does mention this.
I'm very satisfied with BodyGuardz!

Oh yeah,, Still haven't heard from SkinPea, and there website has went away. This is what I've been getting, when trying to go to there site for the last few days:
Bad Request (Invalid Hostname)

UPDATE - 2/9/2014:
This is definitely one of the best screen skins I've ever owned!
It's held up amazingly well! Still looks and feels like it did the day I put it on!!
BodyGuardz has gained another loyal customer, as I'll be using there protectors for all future devices I get!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99