I recently bought Lumia 720, that is impressive and i love but facing following nonsense, please help me if some know the resolution;
    1. Hangs alot: while listening music either using Nokia music or Music app in wp8 itself: in this scenario only one solution left, restart it ��
    2. App start crashes alot, such as music app, photo app, camera app; any other third party app such as hardware test, music free app etc (i cant list all of them here)
    3. Messenger app does not synchronize properly, bugs are there
    4. Phone contact does not synchronize with either outlook or hotmail
    5. Some times phone switch off automatically, no msg over it
    6. Many more .....
    06-05-2013 02:33 AM
    Frankly i'v been using 720 since a month..and i hav NOT experienced even one of the bugs u've listed...maybe because i had to hard reset my phone one the 2nd day due to some account registration issues...only the volume bug is a bid disappointing....
    06-05-2013 03:15 AM
    I recently bought Lumia 720, that is impressive and i love but facing following nonsense, please help me if some know the resolution;
    1. Hangs alot: while listening music either using Nokia music or Music app in wp8 itself: in this scenario only one solution left, restart it ��
    2. App start crashes alot, such as music app, photo app, camera app; any other third party app such as hardware test, music free app etc (i cant list all of them here)
    3. Messenger app does not synchronize properly, bugs are there
    4. Phone contact does not synchronize with either outlook or hotmail
    5. Some times phone switch off automatically, no msg over it
    6. Many more .....

Do you listen the music from a memory card? If so make sure it is a high-speed memory card otherwise you may run into some problems with it...

I would say do a reset on your phone and take it from there...
    06-05-2013 04:21 AM
    Do you listen the music from a memory card? If so make sure it is a high-speed memory card otherwise you may run into some problems with it...

I would say do a reset on your phone and take it from there...
    im not tech savvy so this may be a silly question: how do I tell the speed of the memory card? Thanks!
    06-05-2013 04:41 AM
    im not tech savvy so this may be a silly question: how do I tell the speed of the memory card? Thanks!
    On the memory card there will be a Class ID...like Class 4, 6 and 10 for example.
    06-05-2013 04:48 AM
    sounds more like you have a corrupted OS or simply a faulty unit.
    Technoloay likes this.
    06-05-2013 05:00 AM
    I've had issues with crashing and black screen hanging at least once a day on my 720. It seems to just be a software thing, as it performs perfectly well the rest of the time.

It annoys me that it doesn't retain the correct time and date after a reset, keeping the time set to automatic never works, cause it never updates. This worries me in case it resets overnight and my alarm fails to go off.

Why cant WP8 be as stable as WP7, I only ever restarted my HTC Radar when the battery died...
    06-05-2013 05:27 PM
    I recently factory reset my phone because all my synced music suddenly stopped working. Pretty much anything that has to do with syncing music has sucked but this time for some reason all the music I synced wouldn't be read by the music and video app or the nokia music app. Whether through the file explorer, sync app, or windows media player, all the music would just go to the "other" storage. I read one post online saying that you had to do a hard reset and I did that and it proceeded to take 1.5 hours to complete. I was terrified because of all the Lumia 920 bricked threads. Music works now, but seriously Microsoft, I know you want to push cloud music a lot but that doesn't mean you have to make locally stored music suck so hard. I miss Zune so much. I wish they could've rebranded it and made it compatible.
    nitiniit likes this.
    06-06-2013 01:50 AM
    hey, does Hard reset can solve my problem ?
    06-06-2013 01:51 PM
    hey, does Hard reset can solve my problem ?
    umm...possibly. It depends on what's causing your problems. A hard reset will restore your phone to the factory default condition, so you will have to go through the set up procedure again. If your problems were caused by corrupted software or a rogue app you downloaded, then a hard reset may help. If your issues are caused by a hardware problem, then a hard reset won't help.

My advice would be to try a hard reset and see how you go. If you take it to Nokia Care that's probably the first thing they will do anyway.
    06-06-2013 10:20 PM
    I did hard reset, I faced following issue;
    1. on First bootup after hard reset, i could not able to login in MS account in order to restore all settings; msg like this "Can't connect We're having a problem signing in. Make sure you have good reception. If you do, the problem may be on the other end. Wait a little while and try again"
    2. I tried 2-3 times Hard reset but couldn't work. (I have High speed data connection, 3G, 3Mbps)
    3. Though, my xbox music settings gone; like this music setting
    4. In my Store, Music Category gone..

Please help me, what i suppose to do
    06-08-2013 12:19 AM
    If you reset, you will lose apn, which probably caused difficulty getting mobile data, 3G for your case. So, to be safe, you may want to do it around LAN wireless. And since you cannot log into Microsoft account you will lose all xbox services. So its kinda egg and chicken dilemma.
    nitiniit likes this.
    06-09-2013 07:39 AM
    Hello Friends,

last month i have purchased my Lumia 720, I have been facing a problem with mobile vibrator, that is, it virbrates only with the first ring(for just 2-3 secs) whenver there is a call in ringtone+vibration mode, could you please confirm that if it a feature or the generic problem with all.. if not then please suggest me how it can be resolved...??
    06-12-2013 07:53 AM
    I've had same issue.. i think it is because of charging issue. whenever i use USB cable to charge my phone i've faced this issue, otherwise if i use lumia's charger with USB cable it works smoothly.
    06-14-2013 05:19 AM
    I transferred contacts from my old phone to Lumia 720.For few days contacts were visible now only Skype contacts are visible. But when you search for contacts all are listed but do not show up in people under all.
    How do I fix this?
    06-15-2013 02:44 PM
    in contacts setting -> filter contacts ->check out
    06-18-2013 10:22 AM
    Hello Friends,

last month i have purchased my Lumia 720, I have been facing a problem with mobile vibrator, that is, it virbrates only with the first ring(for just 2-3 secs) whenver there is a call in ringtone+vibration mode, could you please confirm that if it a feature or the generic problem with all.. if not then please suggest me how it can be resolved...??
    this is the problem with WP8
    06-18-2013 10:23 AM
    this is the problem with WP8
    Seriosly, i can't imagine how they didn't make the OS for continuous vibration
    07-03-2013 08:32 PM
    Hi,

I bought lumia 720 last month, so far no problem other than 1 i faced.
    My lumia switched off automatically some time and it does not start even after pressing the turn on button for a longer period.
    It starts only after i keep it for charging again for 15 mins atleast.
    the strange behaviour is that it was charged half and still to start it i need to charge it.

Can someone help me why i am getting this issue?

Thanks and Regards,
    Pankaj Kukkar
    09-03-2013 01:44 PM
    I bought lumia 720 last month, so far no problem other than 1 i faced.
    My lumia switched off automatically some time and it does not start even after pressing the turn on button for a longer period.
    It starts only after i keep it for charging again for 15 mins atleast.
    the strange behaviour is that it was charged half and still to start it i need to charge it.
    If it only switches on again after being charged for a short while, then I'd suggest that when it's on, something is draining the battery excessively and running it down to the point that it automatically turns itself off.

I would suggest that you fully charge the phone and then monitor the battery regularly while you use it and see if there are any unexplained sharp drops in battery charge. It's possible that an app is crashing and causing the battery to drain really fast, even though the phone appears to be sleeping.
    09-03-2013 10:08 PM
    Today i send over my lumia 720 to Nokia care centre with prediction 3 days more to finish.

i buy that on july 22nd after 2.5 month use first thing happen that the power button has been sinking, and ignore it.

and then another bug cames, which is i can't reduce my volume because my lower button didn't work, still try to ignore it cause sometimes it works normally.

last thing "i hope", my phone can't read data on my memory card so i had to send it over to Nokia care centre.

now i have to use my E - 71 again.............................................................................

Why nokia not go for Android instead with windows
    10-08-2013 06:31 AM