08-13-2015 11:29 PM
59 123
tools
    It doesnt fix the problem. I have done everything ...but still the issue persists.
    09-27-2013 03:40 AM
    Happened to me also.. Only nokia care center can fix this. Its a hardware issue. They will take 1 week to fix this.
    09-27-2013 03:56 AM
    Hey. I tried the smacking thing. When I pressed the 'back' button, my volume was going up and down. I read your thread and smacked it. Working fine now..hahaha. Thanks for d idea
    09-30-2013 12:10 PM
    Hi All,

I have buy Lumia 720, but facing dificulty from day second, I face same problem, within 1 second it change many screens, evan it dial automatic, disply album, minmize maximise, etc. before tuch on screen it turn new screen.

I can't stop them,

I have reset it. but problem is remain same.

Please reply & guide me how to stop this problem, my phone is useless for me, if it not stoped.

Regards
    Deepak
    10-04-2013 03:44 AM
    Hi All,

I have buy Lumia 720, but facing dificulty from day second, I face same problem, within 1 second it change many screens, evan it dial automatic, disply album, minmize maximise, etc. before tuch on screen it turn new screen.

I can't stop them,

I have reset it. but problem is remain same.

Please reply & guide me how to stop this problem, my phone is useless for me, if it not stoped.

Regards
    Deepak
    10-16-2013 11:59 PM
    May be this was indeed a software issue after updating to amber ,not once did it happen again.
    before it was like almost all the time hardware buttons worked on their own.
    Happy with that.
    10-17-2013 01:22 PM
    try hard reset!! may be it works!!
    10-17-2013 02:16 PM
    Just thought I'd mention that when I first got my Lumia 1020 it would occasionally display similar behavior. It would jump into the search screen and back out again on its own. It would also enter the multitasking screen now and then too.
    However, I turned off high sensitivity and the behavior stopped. But I have since reactivated high sensitivity in the last few weeks but the phone hasn't misbehaved since then. So I really can't say what the issue is or was and whether it will reappear again.
    10-25-2013 11:29 AM
    Dear friends,

I need your help. i have nokia lumia 720. i love it but really disappointed that it always be frozen and the programs are running automatically (crazy) without my touch. I did factory reset but it doesn't help. i can't stop the programs running. I feel that it happened after updating amber.

Thanks,
    Sujit
    11-22-2013 05:19 AM
    Dear friends,

I need your help. i have nokia lumia 720. i love it but really disappointed that it always be frozen and the programs are running automatically (crazy) without my touch. I did factory reset but it doesn't help. i can't stop the programs running. I feel that it happened after updating amber.

Thanks,
    Sujit
    What exactly do you mean by the programs running? What programs are you referring to?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using WPCentral Forums mobile app
    11-22-2013 12:54 PM
    Hi Anyone knows solution to this? Please help. I am tired of this set. May be I know the reason why Nokia lost its market with such quality I wish I had bought Micromax
    11-22-2013 03:16 PM
    Hi There. Found the solution for it? Please update me also :( phone is just going crazy doesnt responds to touch buttons and keep flipping apps.
    11-22-2013 03:19 PM
    Hi There. Found the solution for it? Please update me also :( phone is just going crazy doesnt responds to touch buttons and keep flipping apps.
    If your phone has a hardware fault then the only solution is to have it repaired by Nokia under warranty.

11-22-2013 03:41 PM
    Hi Anyone knows solution to this? Please help. I am tired of this set. May be I know the reason why Nokia lost its market with such quality I wish I had bought Micromax
    Actually, Nokia has gained market share in many regions thanks to its Lumia range. But yeah maybe you should have bought a Micromax phone.

11-22-2013 03:44 PM
    Hi All,

I have purchased Lumia 720 ten days back, Since yesterday the phone started functioning abnormally.. The capacitive touch keys started working automatically.

1. automatically all applications are getting closed, start screen appears
    2. Start screen then minimizes ( similar to the way if we have pressed and hold the back button),
    3. Start screen then maximizes and after that 'bing' opens up automatically.
    In all the above steps, phone also vibrates.

I did a Soft Reset but it dint worked, thn i did a hard reset but again the same problem started.. Finally i did google and as suggested by some of the folks abv i just changed the touch sensitivity to normal and the same result it didnt worked too.. Now the things hav gone worst the capacitive touch keys arent working at all..... :(

Will take this beauty to Nokia Care, Lets see what they say....
    12-08-2013 08:45 AM
    Hi All,

I have purchased Lumia 720 ten days back, Since yesterday the phone started functioning abnormally.. The capacitive touch keys started working automatically.

1. automatically all applications are getting closed, start screen appears
    2. Start screen then minimizes ( similar to the way if we have pressed and hold the back button),
    3. Start screen then maximizes and after that 'bing' opens up automatically.
    In all the above steps, phone also vibrates.

I did a Soft Reset but it dint worked, thn i did a hard reset but again the same problem started.. Finally i did google and as suggested by some of the folks abv i just changed the touch sensitivity to normal and the same result it didnt worked too.. Now the things hav gone worst the capacitive touch keys arent working at all..... :(

Will take this beauty to Nokia Care, Lets see what they say....
    I am afraid that only Nokia Care will be able to help you out with your problem. I say this because some Nokia Care points in some countries are worse than useless at helping customers with their phones and whatever faults they have. I wish you the best of luck and hope you have a satisfactory resolution to your problem

12-08-2013 06:50 PM
    If you have your "Tap to Unlock" switched on, then i think disable that. Might help.
    02-14-2014 03:08 AM
    got the same issue also with my lumia 720. it does things on its own without user interference, vibrating, opening apps, closing and non responsive, did you manage to find the problem cause
    04-03-2014 09:52 AM
    i got this issue two days back after updating TOUCH update .... Damm its killing my phone... i am unable to browse or use my phone........
    05-03-2014 03:28 AM
    Hi,

I am fighting with the same problem in my Lumia 720 for last 3 months. I tried all option meanwhile - changing screen-guard, hard-reset, software upgrade, Power ON/OFF, etc. Nothing worked. 20 days back I went to Nokia care. Firstly they said it will take 15 days to repair the problem. I followed them up and finaly got my phone within 10 days. The guy said - "they replaced the strip inside for Volume control and phone was kept under observation. It's working perfectly fine." I got my repaired phone 4 days back. The very evening I reached home, phone started exhibiting the same behaviour. Today again I have kept phone in ICU of Nokia Care. Let's hope it will work. Now at least I expect Nokia to rectify the problem properly.
    05-27-2014 03:28 AM
    I am facing the same problem with my 6 months old Lumia 720. It is auto-tapping applications, soft-keypad. Still throughout this dicussion forum I am unable to figure out that whether it is software or hardware problem. Tried my luck by hard/soft reset, formatting microSD (to remove any possibilty of Virus) but in vain. Request every body to post any further clue to resolve this issue.
    06-05-2014 04:02 AM
    I have exactly the same problem with 720. It persisted for abt 15 days. Then it got fixed by itself, Service centre demanded Rs 4200 for setting it right even though my phone was under warranty. Service centre was Sector 35, Quiet Office, Chandigarh.
    06-20-2014 08:55 PM
    Hi all,

I have the same problem last week and I've been resetting the Touch Sensitivity to Normal. But then this week the same problem happened again while my setting is still in Normal mode.
    I really hope Nokia will release an update regarding this issue if it is a software problem.
    I have the same problem. My phone is within Warranty. Service centre , sector 35 , Quiet Office , Chandigarh are demanding Rs 4200 to fix it, CRY
    06-20-2014 09:00 PM
    Man thank you , it was the simpliest thing to do but yet didnt think about it till red your message .
    06-22-2014 04:53 PM
    This has been annoying the hell out of me with my 1520 lately. Same thing, phone going nuts doing it's own thing. I tried all the fixes in the thread but to no avail. It's settled down now after I did these 2 things:

Turned of Glance. You don't have to actually touch your screen for it to work, just hover over it with glance. Sounds like it might be an issue if it's getting confused and activating the hover when the phone is awake.
    Checked my date settings. I had my phone on automatically adjust date and it somehow got a full month ahead. It was showing July even though it's June.

As I said, it seems OK for the moment. Those are definitely two things you should check if you're having this issue though.
    06-25-2014 04:15 AM
59 123