Nokia Lumia 720 : Hardware buttons working automatically.

ace_dxb

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Same Problem with Lumia 720.
I use the Lumia 720 as my secondary phone (Lumia 920 as main phone) and face the same problem. I took it to Nokia Care today in Dubai and the Customer Service told me that this issue would be fixed with the Amber Update. Unfortunately, Amber for 720 is not available yet here in Dubai. I already received Amber for my 920 and it works fine.. (I never had the crazy screen problem on the 920). As soon as I update the 720 with Amber.. I'll let you know how it goes..

Valiant Lumia 720

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Got the same problem here even if sensitivity is normal. What I do is that when it starts to vibrate and the screen goes crazy as if the capacitive buttons were pressed, I immediately lock the screen and the vibrating issue is over. Everytime my phone does this glitch I just lock it then unlock it again, just to prevent it from closing my current apps and wasting energy for the vibration. I still don't have Amber update but when I do, and the issue goes on for me, I'll send it to Nokia Care.

rav16

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Wow let me join the party here , I have a 2 month old 720 and exactly the same issue jumping of screens .

Is this a hardware issue or a software issue ?

I will try and change the touch sensitive settings and see how it goes .

Rbose

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,
It's been a month, and the problem is not occuring now. So, would advice to give the phone to service center and get the issue corrected.

Avinash Kantheti

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

I too has been facing the same issue from quite some time. I own a Lumia 920.
In my case both the back button and home button activates automatically, eventually bringing everything to home screen, voice assistant comes up - tries to listen something, ends up saying "Call mummy or Open calender". And there is no way to disable the voice assistant, other than disabling it when locked. So this voice assistant comes up repeatedly and if you try to lock the phone to get rid of it, the funny thing happens - "Screenshots saved". Its irritating, cann't do anything with your phone. I tried restarting phone several times "volume down+power button", no use, i will be relieved for some time.

I was in the thought it might be some software issue, knowing about the AMBER update, i waited for its release. But the issue didn't fixed even after the update

Finally i visited Nokia care, i realized that my phone unpredictable behavior was better than Nokia care
Instead of investigating or observing or identifying the reason for it. They started complaining that the phone was already opened and touched up inside (blasted up my mind), hence warranty expired, only solution is replace with a new touch panel, which will cost 12K. And also confirmed that the phone's warranty is expired. For further reference i made a copy of the job sheet

With this response, i tried contacting Nokia through a different channel, Nokia care chat. They asked me to try restart (volume down+power button). the same know stuff again. Asked to hard reset the phone, i said i will try that after after back-up
I explained them also my experience at Nokia care centre, and was asked to check with some other nokia service centre and get back to us again with the new job sheet

Since there wasn't any track of the conversation, i mailed up Nokia care, with the issues and the already had chat conversation

Then i visited another Nokia care centre, this was again another interesting. The representative over there hasn't heard anything like that, hence they won't accept it for service or observation. Since after many phone restart's the issue comes up some time and remains for some time, my fate it didn't happened or occurred while i am at Nokia care. So no use reaching there. Even after saying about my prior conversation with Nokia care chat and asked to take the device for observation, the representative denied to do so

Finally I did a device back up and did a phone reset (settings->about phone->reset phone), even after that no betterment, issue happens randomly. Having to do nothing, using the device in vibrate mode all the time and phone locked if the voice assistant opens up

A mail chain was running and stuck now with Nokia Care regarding the same

If some one face the similar issue or any solution for this or better way to reach Nokia Care, please reply

Last edited:

Subu Laji

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Hey. I tried the smacking thing. When I pressed the 'back' button, my volume was going up and down. I read your thread and smacked it. Working fine now..hahaha. Thanks for d idea

Deepak Patidar

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

I have buy Lumia 720, but facing dificulty from day second, I face same problem, within 1 second it change many screens, evan it dial automatic, disply album, minmize maximise, etc. before tuch on screen it turn new screen.

I can't stop them,

I have reset it. but problem is remain same.

Please reply & guide me how to stop this problem, my phone is useless for me, if it not stoped.

Regards
Deepak

nabiph

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

I have buy Lumia 720, but facing dificulty from day second, I face same problem, within 1 second it change many screens, evan it dial automatic, disply album, minmize maximise, etc. before tuch on screen it turn new screen.

I can't stop them,

I have reset it. but problem is remain same.

Please reply & guide me how to stop this problem, my phone is useless for me, if it not stoped.

Regards
Deepak

Manikanta Reddy

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
May be this was indeed a software issue after updating to amber ,not once did it happen again.
before it was like almost all the time hardware buttons worked on their own.
Happy with that.

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Just thought I'd mention that when I first got my Lumia 1020 it would occasionally display similar behavior. It would jump into the search screen and back out again on its own. It would also enter the multitasking screen now and then too.
However, I turned off high sensitivity and the behavior stopped. But I have since reactivated high sensitivity in the last few weeks but the phone hasn't misbehaved since then. So I really can't say what the issue is or was and whether it will reappear again.

Sujit Sahasrabudhe

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Dear friends,

I need your help. i have nokia lumia 720. i love it but really disappointed that it always be frozen and the programs are running automatically (crazy) without my touch. I did factory reset but it doesn't help. i can't stop the programs running. I feel that it happened after updating amber.

Thanks,
Sujit

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Dear friends,

I need your help. i have nokia lumia 720. i love it but really disappointed that it always be frozen and the programs are running automatically (crazy) without my touch. I did factory reset but it doesn't help. i can't stop the programs running. I feel that it happened after updating amber.

Thanks,
Sujit

What exactly do you mean by the programs running? What programs are you referring to?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

anchal_sharma

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi Anyone knows solution to this? Please help. I am tired of this set. May be I know the reason why Nokia lost its market with such quality I wish I had bought Micromax

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi There. Found the solution for it? Please update me also :( phone is just going crazy doesnt responds to touch buttons and keep flipping apps.

If your phone has a hardware fault then the only solution is to have it repaired by Nokia under warranty.

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi Anyone knows solution to this? Please help. I am tired of this set. May be I know the reason why Nokia lost its market with such quality I wish I had bought Micromax

Actually, Nokia has gained market share in many regions thanks to its Lumia range. But yeah maybe you should have bought a Micromax phone.

Muqeem

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

I have purchased Lumia 720 ten days back, Since yesterday the phone started functioning abnormally.. The capacitive touch keys started working automatically.

1. automatically all applications are getting closed, start screen appears
2. Start screen then minimizes ( similar to the way if we have pressed and hold the back button),
3. Start screen then maximizes and after that 'bing' opens up automatically.
In all the above steps, phone also vibrates.

I did a Soft Reset but it dint worked, thn i did a hard reset but again the same problem started.. Finally i did google and as suggested by some of the folks abv i just changed the touch sensitivity to normal and the same result it didnt worked too.. Now the things hav gone worst the capacitive touch keys arent working at all..... :(

Will take this beauty to Nokia Care, Lets see what they say....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss