08-30-2013 05:15 AM
45 12
tools
    The wallpaper is for your lockscreen, it doesn't show behind your tiles.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-08-2013 12:16 AM
    Sheamartin, the traffic does show in Here Drive, just tap the the cars icon in the left hand corner.
    08-15-2013 05:39 PM
    Im seriously thinking of getting rid of my yellow 920 its driving me mad with all these bugs and problems!!!!
    08-15-2013 05:56 PM
    I'd say at least wait for the amber update that's rolling out in the next month there will probably be plenty of bug fixes. I just got mine and personally I don't find it buggy at all, there are just a few issues with syncing music (bad design by Microsoft) and getting everything to work correctly since its unlocked. My bluetooth, however, works pretty flawlessly with my Sync system.
    08-16-2013 10:34 AM
    i'm rocking both WP8 and Android... unlock 920 ATT on TMo and 2 android devices (Amaze 4G White and Nexus 7 tablet)... gives me both platform experience.. thumbs up!
    08-16-2013 11:51 AM
    My wife had to leave WP for this exact reason. I am pleased with the growth of WP sales and the app development overall. But, boy there is still pain and inconvenience everywhere. Hope a solution works for you.

Intuit, PayPal, Square...... At some point one of these majors readers has to make it to WP, or some smaller company with comparable pricing and services. Just the law of averages.
    Paypal is available, but the others are not at this time. I get your point
    08-16-2013 12:08 PM
    It's a Nokia and At&t issue. I pre-ordered a 920 and got a bad phone. So Nokia shipped some bad devices. The problem is that At&t does not send you a "new" replacement phone. Their phones are a collection of refurbished, re-certified and returned phones. My theory is that a lot of those bad initial phones are that pool of replacements. My 6th or 7th Lumia is arriving today. I called At&t's equipment line directly, because the normal operators are not forthcoming and not always knowledgeable (e.g., remove the battery and it will reset). Fingers crossed that my new one works properly. The lady suggested that I contact Nokia directly. The phone is under warranty until January. Using insurance is a joke, because you have pay $199 and you are not guaranteed a new Lumia 920. Based on that info buying a new phone is the best option. I understand your frustration, but I think it is a Nokia (bad batch) and At&t (recycling bad devices) issue, not MSFT.
    08-16-2013 12:14 PM
    I feel the OP's pain. I love Windows Phone but i've already considered next year when my hardware upgrade is available to POSSIBLY go back to iPhone. As BORING as the iPhone is, im jealous of my wife's iPhone 5 customization and selection of minimal apps i really wish i had. I hate being tied to iTunes, but at the rate MS is improving the WP8 experience is sort of disappointing from my prospective. I'm waiting out as my HW upgrade will be avaliable by the time we know of or already have WP8.1...if by March 2014 we havent heard anything then i may jump ship because that will be absurd.

I really do love my L920 and WP...but im not denying its lack of features and such as mentioned initially, poor response to fix important problems.
    08-16-2013 02:53 PM
    I've been using the Nokia 928 for 3 days now. The phone is great. But the apps are really lacking. First of course if Facebook where you can't seem to delete posts, links don't work. You also can't share photos from your photo folder. Now to text. I had an app (Chomp) that would read my unread text to me. That was really nice when I'm in the car. Tried the navigation today. It's very nice, but you can't add a traffic layer. So living in California, that's really a deal breaker. I downloaded the ringtone maker app. Some ringtones worked, some didn't. Took a few missed calls to figure that out. I downloaded an app that said it was wallpaper. I don't know where the wallpaper went. I figured it would show behind my tiles???? I know the app market will get richer and richer as the phones sell. But it's hard to move from a really rich ecosystem to something where the apps don't seem to work smoothly and there doesn't seem to be much info out there to fix them.
    The option to listen to text messages over Bluetooth is baked into the system, have a look under settings - speech.
    08-18-2013 03:04 AM
    im jealous of my wife's iphone 5 customization
    lol.
    08-18-2013 03:07 PM
    Paypal is available, but the others are not at this time. I get your point
    looks like cube is on WP8. Seems to be the same as square.
    08-18-2013 03:14 PM
    Hardware is awesome. The apps are not. I'll probably be switching to the iPhone in the next year. Love my 920, but the platform is stalled with second rate knock-off apps and no serious commitment from Microsoft. Nokia is doing their best, but I fear it's a losing battle.
    08-18-2013 03:45 PM
    Hardware is awesome. The apps are not. I'll probably be switching to the iPhone in the next year. Love my 920, but the platform is stalled with second rate knock-off apps and no serious commitment from Microsoft. Nokia is doing their best, but I fear it's a losing battle.
    By the time you switch in a year windows phone 8 would have gone through gdr3 and have windows 8.1 available, which should put it on par with android, except of course customization. As long as an app does what its supposed to do, does it really have to be an official app? What's wrong with supporting the third party developers apps?
    08-18-2013 03:51 PM
    My white L920 has also locked up on me twice. And believe it or not I have Sync in my car.
    The first time it occurred my phone came back on only after I turned the car off. The second time I held down the power and volume keys for 10 seconds after I turned off the car and walked away from it. I thought it died on me. Yes, very frustrating.

Good luck.

-Rich
    08-18-2013 04:59 PM
    I've been thinking switching back as well. I thought I wouldn't mind the lack of important apps but having to pay for things that in other platforms are free it's just stupid. I love WP, don't get me wrong, these has been 3 great months and the simplicity of the OS is amazing. BUT waiting for simple features that are already out of the box on Android isn't exactly a great deal. Another problem is that incompability with my Galaxy tablet, I know, Google's fault but nothing to do... Another thing is that I keep getting my Hotmail accounts hacked and yes I've set privacy features but they're not good enough.
    08-29-2013 07:32 PM
    Another thing is that I keep getting my Hotmail accounts hacked and yes I've set privacy features but they're not good enough.
    What do you mean "hacked"? And have you set up 2-factor authentication?
    08-29-2013 07:38 PM
    I've been thinking switching back as well. I thought I wouldn't mind the lack of important apps but having to pay for things that in other platforms are free it's just stupid. I love WP, don't get me wrong, these has been 3 great months and the simplicity of the OS is amazing. BUT waiting for simple features that are already out of the box on Android isn't exactly a great deal. Another problem is that incompability with my Galaxy tablet, I know, Google's fault but nothing to do... Another thing is that I keep getting my Hotmail accounts hacked and yes I've set privacy features but they're not good enough.
    Have you enabled 2 step verification for your hotmail accounts? When you attempt to login to your account from your PC, it will send a txt to your phone that has a code that you must then input after your username/password. For having your mail account setup on your phone, you can generate a password just for you mobile device:

http://m.winsupersite.com/cloud/enab...rosoft-account
    08-29-2013 07:45 PM
    i'm rocking both WP8 and Android... unlock 920 ATT on TMo and 2 android devices (Amaze 4G White and Nexus 7 tablet)... gives me both platform experience.. thumbs up!
    +1
    Rotate TMo & AT&T sims on my 920 & Nexus 4, also got the new Nexus 7
    ...spice of life. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
    08-29-2013 10:33 PM
    Expect a lot of replies telling you "don't let the door hit you on the way out." None of my friends have had bad experiences with their 920s, but overall it does seem that WP8 is nowhere near as mature as WP7 is in terms of stability and bugs. Having my phone lock up using bluetooth would drive me crazy too, and replacing 5 devices is ridiculous.

If the S4 or HTC one happen to fit your use cases and needs better, give it a whirl and see if you find android acceptable now compared to when you initially used it. Both are great phones, despite how evangelists will try to spin things.

Worst case you decide you want a windows phone again, you can get a 920 off craigslist or ebay for $300 or less in my area. If the amber update fixes your issues and you want to jump back in, it's not going to break the bank. Seeing as we don't even know when this is coming out or when at&t will deliver it, it's up to you if you want to wait it out or not.
    Agree. Lumia 920 is a great device, but this heat issue is because of immature OS. For me it has become a routine to soft reset twice or thrice a month. Microsoft should follow the methodology of apple. Imagine it will take another year for WP8 to mature and then Microsoft will launch WP9 with a whole new architecture which will again take couple of years to mature.
    08-30-2013 02:05 AM
    ...and here I was thinking this thread died in June. But we all love digging up mummies don't we? http://forums.windowscentral.com/oth...post-here.html - that is the perfect thread to make friends :)
    08-30-2013 05:15 AM
45 12