MPAtool problem

Im Your Father

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
So this app is awesome!
The thing is, i have a lot of compilations / soundtracks on my 8x, and as i'm sure we've all figured out, the x-box music hub sorts your music under album artist instead of just artist :\ which is annoying..because then all the artists on compilations / soundtracks just DONT COME UP in the artist list.. sigh
But how i still got artist backgrounds for them using MPAtool was by just opening the app while a song was playing, and then a box would pop up about searching the now playing artist and finding pictures for them etc which worked most of the time. Not ALL of the time, as i had hoped, but....eh.
What happened was, i had to delete a compilation from my phone.. a little bit later i readded it and everything was fine, until i went to retrieve all the artists backgrounds again by manually opening the app and using the now playing feature etc but now it won't search them anymore. it just stays at the home screen. Which is the same thing that happens when MPAtool can't find any pictures, but these are for artists that i KNOW they have pictures for, because i HAD THEM not that long ago. I think it might have something to do with like.. the app won't let you attach a different picture once you've chosen one.... except NO picture is currently attached. And i tried uninstalling the app, restarting my phone etc in hopes of "wiping the slate clean" with regards to MPAtool not letting me download a picture for something i already had one for, but that didn't work either....
Am i making any sense? Is there anyone who knows of a way to get around this, in like clearing old app data or something?

WavingReds

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Have you deleted the MPA dummy file it puts on your phone?

you can find all that file under the Genre section of the Music Hub and delete them all.

WP8 will only attach one single image to an artist.

The only way to attach a new one is to remove all the song from that artist from your phone.

Hope that helps.

And you are not my father, neither is Darth Vader but we'll get to that another time.

Im Your Father

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Yes, as soon as i had attached a picture, i went and deleted the dummy file because i didn't want my list being cluttered. Im super OCD about my music, i like everything to be perfect...which is why this is really bothering me :( I even changed the name of the particular compilation, hoping that would let me re-search everything, but no luck......... And meanwhile, i went online and looked on last fm (which is where MPAtool says they get their pictures) and it has EVERYTHING i have been searching for, even the things that have NEVER had any results when i tried before.... so i am thinking about doing what you did, using skydrive. But i am under the impression that that probably wouldn't work for compilations, as the list is sorted by album artist :( based on my searching of forums, you seem to be a very knowledgeable person about this category. Any suggestions?

Im Your Father

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
And about the deleting every song of that artist, that compilation that i deleted is made up of songs by artists that i don't have any other songs by.
So that can't be the problem.
Its almost like the app knows i have searched and attached pictures to those particular artists, and won't let me do it again. Which is why i thought maybe i needed to reboot my phone and/or uninstall the app, but that didn't work either....

...not to even mention some of the other artists that won't search, even though i know last fm has them.. grr. makes me wanna learn how to make my own app. >:p

Mark Louie Cantre

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
This app worked for me but you've got to pour lots of patience to do this. First, you need to manually download the artists pictures from whatever sources. Then, you need to make necessary modifications from the artist and the albums name. (I am using MediaMonkey to download the artist's album) You need to make sure that everything coincides with the artist name and album for you it not to be included into the wrong artist. Finally, you need to transfer the artist's picture to your phone and manually attach the artist's pictures.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6