Filling Photos on SD Card Fills up Phone strorage

Santhosh justin

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys.,

My first post here..

I just managed to dump 36000 Photos on the SD card and shoved it into the Lumia 820

Free space was around 4 gigs on phone storage

I opened the Photos in the gallery and went to "dates" and then i saw an accent colored status bar progressing. I still could not see all the pictures because i was guessing they were getting indexed.. I left the phone for charging and woke up today to see that there was a storage outage.. my Phone storage filled up to 7,4 gigs so i removed the SD card and the phone storage was still 100% for about 10 mins and it dropped to 99 in about 4 hours and then no movement.. the Phone storage was just full and i had to reset my phone.. good i had uploaded photos to skydrive.

Just shoved the same SD card into my s3 and no such thing happened.. aand i was able to browse through ALL the photos without troubles.. MSFT needs to hear this

Catholic Tech Geek

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
That scenario is really weird (it never happened to me or ever heard of anyone else experiencing this either). The odds are that that those duplicate photos are due to those "new" photos being uploaded to SkyDrive. The high file activity was possibly due to the photos + trying to free up the "other" storage on the device (the file activity cause is just my guess, based on the information provided).

As for removing the SD card, just like desktop Windows, it's not a good idea to just remove the SD card. You should always safely remove the SD card before actually removing the actual SD card from the card slot (this is done by choosing "remove sd card", one of the options if you select the sd card from the phone storage section in the settings) to avoid any data corruption.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro