Surface Duo is on salefor over 50% off!

Now after a long search into different forums I finally made the decision between 820 and 720 and I got the 820 and I would say that "This is an awesome Windows Phone" and how did I said That here are my Points for That (I'll break

Screen - I would say that it is an amoled display which gives you oversaturated colors which looks appealing for almost everybody and I mean that's the beauty of Windows Phone since WP7 that those tiles really helps disguise lower res screen/s and look like its a 720p display even its just 480p display

Hardware - Now this were the 820 and 920 shines (sorry for 720-520 but they look awesome!) if you are playing lot of games or multitasking a lot you will love this Phone and with the efficiency of Windows Phone also loved 512 mb devices you will also not notice that's it is a 512mb device (ehem! android)

Camera - I would say camera on this one is also pretty good and I mean that has been a reputation of almost all nokia phones since the beginning of camera on phones
    spoilerI would post camera samples in the coming days maybe tomorrow

Battery - On this guy I got around 2 days and a half that's to moderate to heavy usage with games and internet and music and if your buying this phone you maybe also tempt to buy those wireless charging pads for easier charging ( but smartphone battery is still based on what the user is doing (RIGHT!!!!) )

now that's what I like about The Lumia 820 and here is what I really don't like about it

Front Facing camera - it really looks horrible I mean if you are on a sunlight or an extremely good light you would have a great time taking some "selfies" but Skype looks alright !!!

But with that down side overall this phone I will rate around 9/10

Other Pros that I don't include:
    -call quality is great
    -Speaker volume is pretty loud but don't get around 30/30 coz it will sound like all voice and no more treble

If you are looking for Windows Phone with high-end specs and Future Proof no doubt with 4g LTE good camera performer and a great ! build quality no doubt You are in for a Lumia 820 Treat !!!!
    Drop in your comment's below for any questions or any violent reactions
    Last edited by John Balacano; 06-10-2013 at 05:12 AM. Reason: Wrong formatting
    Rodrigo Mendes likes this.
    06-10-2013 05:11 AM
    You are right about the front facing camera, it is horrible. I hope the updated 8xx model will get a better ffc.
    Another advantages of 820 for me are that you can change the back plate which is impossible with 920 and the present of a memory card slot.
    06-10-2013 05:20 AM
    I love mine too. Have everything I need, but like you said I think the same is front camera, I would pit there a 2mpx
    06-10-2013 05:26 AM
    Oh btw, have you got a wireless shell already? If not, get it cause the original will make you get scratches' on the back camera.
    06-10-2013 05:29 AM
    True !!! But if you are on a good lighting its pretty good already and btw I just use it for skyping
    06-10-2013 05:35 AM
    Oh btw, have you got a wireless shell already? If not, get it cause the original will make you get scratches' on the back camera.
    actually NO still nowhere to find here in my home country but if does I will how bout you? but so far haven't seen any scratches on the lens of the camera or its circular body
    xandros9 likes this.
    06-10-2013 05:36 AM
    actually NO still nowhere to find here in my home country but if does I will how bout you? but so far haven't seen any scratches on the lens of the camera or its circular body
    It's a matter of time, trust me.
    You can buy online ;)
    06-10-2013 08:19 AM
    Sounds like you found your niche. I personally want the 720 over my 820. Same size display yet the 720 is slightly smaller. I still get wireless charging and multiple test have shown that the IPS is dominant over the AMOLED. Still get NFC plus a larger battery! I love the 820, and it has more storage space built in which is good for those that download a lot of apps. Other than that I don't see why I should keep the 820 when considering the 720.
    06-16-2013 06:23 PM
    The 820's storage is way too small considering how SD is almost entirely useless on WP: 8GB is hell and WILL fill up over time, regardless of how many apps you use.

"Other" storage issues aside, for every 20GB of music on the SD card, there is 1GB of cached metadata/album art stored on internal storage! And it seems that it is only possible to remove this data using the win8 sync app, which easily loses track of the data and, which frequently freezes and fails with large quantities of music. I currently have about 500MB of storage forever lost to an old, outdated music cache. And 500MB is significant when you have only 200MBleft....

Another problem: everything is 32bit still and the systems just do not scale up. The WP8 music app can't handle several GB of music without locking up, the sync app can't handle several GB without locking up... I've been with WP since day one and I love the concept, but...I'm ok with limited-yet-slowly-expanding-API, it's the broken crippled system components and glacial update schedules that are starting to get to me. Never knowing, mind you, what they will and won't fix so you'll never know if the update is worth waiting for. And I hate android/iOS so I have nowhere to go but my HD2 with WM6 or my Japanese locked down symbian dumb flip phone.
    Sent from my RM-824_nam_att_101 using Board Express
    06-16-2013 07:29 PM
    The 820's storage is way too small considering how SD is almost entirely useless on WP: 8GB is hell and WILL fill up over time, regardless of how many apps you use.

"Other" storage issues aside, for every 20GB of music on the SD card, there is 1GB of cached metadata/album art stored on internal storage! And it seems that it is only possible to remove this data using the win8 sync app, which easily loses track of the data and, which frequently freezes and fails with large quantities of music. I currently have about 500MB of storage forever lost to an old, outdated music cache. And 500MB is significant when you have only 200MBleft....

Another problem: everything is 32bit still and the systems just do not scale up. The WP8 music app can't handle several GB of music without locking up, the sync app can't handle several GB without locking up... I've been with WP since day one and I love the concept, but...I'm ok with limited-yet-slowly-expanding-API, it's the broken crippled system components and glacial update schedules that are starting to get to me. Never knowing, mind you, what they will and won't fix so you'll never know if the update is worth waiting for. And I hate android/iOS so I have nowhere to go but my HD2 with WM6 or my Japanese locked down symbian dumb flip phone.
    Sent from my RM-824_nam_att_101 using Board Express
    well, For those of us who stream only, music isn't locally stored so there's not really a storage issue there. For all other instances, there's SkyDrive (docs for school and pictures). But I would have to agree that if you download quite a bit then there's bound to be issues here.
    06-16-2013 10:46 PM
    I want buy a windows phone but I am quite confuse between android or windows and also whether I will be able use all the apps which are there for android
    I love playing games so is 820 is good withthat.
    suggest me
    07-17-2013 11:02 AM
    well sure the 820 is a great gaming device especially if you have credit cards so that you can buy great games like Galactic Reign and like that between android or Windows Phone it definitely depends on you What are your needs
    07-18-2013 04:14 AM
    suggest me which is better option between lumia 820 and xperia L
    07-18-2013 04:29 AM
    suggest me the better optiin between xperia L and Lumia 820
    07-18-2013 04:34 AM
    well In case of apps no doubt that android is the king vs window phone if you are looking for a sexy phone and great build quality well the lumia 820 is there. also keep in mind that lumia 820 is 4g ready and it has 1.5 ghz processor compared to xperia l's 1ghz processor

but its really up to you if you are in to instagram and gaming android will serve you well
    but if your a simple guy with texting, calling and some games are your objectives no doubt the lumia 820 is your choice :)
    07-18-2013 07:06 AM
    I am confused whether to go for L720 or L820.
    My predominant use would be for email (official and gmail), facebook, some apps like runtatsic , watsapp, and few regional ones... and may be will have about 2GB of music with me in phone.
    considering 720 is only 512MB RAM, will there be a lag when using it. Coz my previous android dragged like crazy after a year or so.
    thought of going for 820, but I like the pic quality and size of 720 better. please suggest
    07-25-2013 07:52 AM
    well if you have that budget then go for the 820 but if you a limited budget then go for the 720 btw all windows phone including 7.5 doesn't lag that much like android
    07-26-2013 07:51 PM
    well if you have that budget then go for the 820 but if you a limited budget then go for the 720 btw all windows phone including 7.5 doesn't lag that much like android
    thanks :) tested both models and have decided to go with 820 :)
    07-30-2013 12:05 AM