Ingress Protection Rating

Ian Datson

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
The IP rating tells you how dust proof and waterproof the phone is. Useful for work phones for builders or people who want rugged phones. Also known as a International Protection rating. My business partner wants a tough phone as he does a lot of building work and I wondered how good the Lumia 920 was.

mitunchidamparam

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
The IP rating tells you how dust proof and waterproof the phone is. Useful for work phones for builders or people who want rugged phones. Also known as a International Protection rating. My business partner wants a tough phone as he does a lot of building work and I wondered how good the Lumia 920 was.

after seeing videos in youtube on the sturdiness of Lumia 920 , i can come to a conclusion that the phone case and the screen are very sturdy and there will be no problems in that.
i have read cases where there is dust inside the front camera lens.
other than that since the whole body is sealed , there is not going to much of dust affecting sensors.

Once I was on my bike, with lumia in hand and I crashed on to the ground and i was dragged for a few feets and my lumia hit the ground chin down and was dragged tooo.
nothing happened to it , except a slight scratch in the polycarbonate body.

but the IP rating of this phone I have no clue what it is

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs