Lumia 920 on T-Mobile

homieson89

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Ok. I'm confused with all the posts about the L920 on T-Mobile. I have the $50 unlimited plan, and I'm getting 2g/edge and switches to 4g at times and goes back to edge.

First... What are the APN and MMS settings for T-Mobile? Maybe I added an extra digit or something.
Second... Access point, what is it and how do I use it..
Third... How do I get 3g?

Thanks

doublesman3486

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Ok. I'm confused with all the posts about the L920 on T-Mobile. I have the $50 unlimited plan, and I'm getting 2g/edge and switches to 4g at times and goes back to edge.

First... What are the APN and MMS settings for T-Mobile? Maybe I added an extra digit or something.
Second... Access point, what is it and how do I use it..
Third... How do I get 3g?

Thanks

Connection Name : T-mobile mms

Internet APN

Access point name : epc.tmobile.com
Username : Blank
Password : Blank
Proxy Address : 216.155.165.50
Proxy Port : 8080
Network Type : IPv4
Authentication Type : none

MMS APN

MMS access point name : epc.tmobile.com
Username : blank
Password : blank
Proxy Address : 216.155.165.50
Proxy port : 8080
MMSC address : http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
Network type : IPv4
Authentication type : none

important : after tapping it to make it active, restart your phone. :)

AbsoluteZerow

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Or if you want everything to work (LTE, 4G/HSPA+, AND Group Messaging), install the Nokia Access Point app and select T-Mobile in the listing. I had to do this for Group Messaging to work properly. But, I also have a unlocked pentaband 920, which may differ from what you have.

rush_ad

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
Or if you want everything to work (LTE, 4G/HSPA+, AND Group Messaging), install the Nokia Access Point app and select T-Mobile in the listing. I had to do this for Group Messaging to work properly. But, I also have a unlocked pentaband 920, which may differ from what you have.

I have AT&T unlocked 920 that I use on T-Mobile US. There is no need to install Access Point app on latest firmware update.
You can use the Internet and MMS APN settings available under Settings --> Cellular

I use group MMS and internet just fine. I am getting LTE today in St. Pete FL.

phanboy4

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
Anybody that pays for T-Mobile hotspot functionality tried that with LTE?

I'm thinking my area got refarmed because as of today I'm seeing an LTE symbol now where I used to see 4G. This is on a BUILD 920 with Rogers firmware. Sharing complains that I "don't have a cellular connection", which is a different error than what the keyboard hack solves.

Using/removing various manual APN/MMS settings doesn't seem to affect it.

ismeyall

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
I tried this & it works.. The only problem is that I cannot get my mms to work. I can't view or send pic when I activate "T-mobile mms". Any help?
Thanks again!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)