Flashing AT&T lumia 920, is it impossible? Cause I just can't so far....Can anyone help me?

npyle

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Hello, I was trying to factory reset a AT&T Cyan Lumia 920 that I just sold on Sunday on EBay and it bricked the phone. I've been reading a bunch of posts on this and have followed the steps however, I run into the following error:

Ok, so I got a step further and now get the following message:

C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products\RM-820\C6ADC1BD_RM820_059N5T3_1232.2109.1242.1001_180.vpl has invalid signature.

When starting the 'Recovery' portion Any suggestions? I've tried the Cyan, White, and Black color choices from the website for the RM820 posted within this subject; however, I get the same message about the invalid signature. I'm sure it's something simple that I'm overlooking, but can't get phone reset.

I don't have phone plugged in when doing this process, as I've not yet reached the portion where it tells you to plug phone in.

Any suggestions as I need to ship this phone to the person who bought it.

Thanks,
Norris

vimukthi999

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I was trying to factory reset a AT&T Cyan Lumia 920 that I just sold on Sunday on EBay and it bricked the phone. I've been reading a bunch of posts on this and have followed the steps however, I run into the following error:

C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products\RM-820\C6ADC1BD_RM820_059N5T3_1232.2109.1242.1001_180.vpl has invalid signature.

When starting the 'Recovery' portion Any suggestions? I've tried the Cyan, White, and Black color choices from the website for the RM820 posted within this subject; however, I get the same message about the invalid signature. I'm sure it's something simple that I'm overlooking, but can't get phone reset.

I don't have phone plugged in when doing this process, as I've not yet reached the portion where it tells you to plug phone in.

Thanks,
Norris

see this page carefully

http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-920/230531-2.htm

surya kiran

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Thanks,
Norris
Remove the checksum from all file names..it will work
Eg: remove "C6ADC1BD_" from the file C6ADC1BD_RM820_059N5T3_1232.2109.1242.1001_180.vpl
Do the same with all the files in the folder. It will work.
Cheers

surya kiran

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
I flashed and updated rogers rom and when I try to flash with Indian rom, I'm getting this mesasge: Invalid response from device, incorrect message id.
Any ideas?

Edit: getting same message for Euro dev ROM too..

Help!

Last edited:

npyle

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
As an update on my situation and thank you for the suggestions, what ultimately worked for me, was what was suggested in another thread I had posted asking for assistance, so here's my comment back to the person who suggested it....it worked flawlessly for me and I ended up not having to flash the ROM. It did take awhile--a little over an hour--but did work:

Much thanks to ktl88 for posting the thread on: Stuck on running gears for over 8 hours!! Nokia Lu... - Nokia Support Discussions! This worked like a charm and resolved my issue. I had followed similar steps in a different posting I had read, but apparently, I was not giving it long enough to complete, so I thought I'd need to flash a ROM back on to my phone. By following the steps in this thread and waiting a little over an hour, my phone finally restarted and booted up to the initial windows phone setup screen. A lot of people in the thread indicated it took them 5 - 20 minutes, so mine took much longer than that, but it definitely works!!! Thanks again.

Norris

iCambodian

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
hi vimukthi i have read the whole thing that you are talking about but it still not work for me i got the same problem. can't flash to deference firmware. please help me out.
Nokia lumia 920 att RM-820 059L848

try to flash to 059Q6W4 or 059R14H6 it's keep getting error
WP_20130619_001[1].jpg

iCambodian

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
for my lumia 920 ,,for spending like 2 days on the net i found this forum and learned,,
for my friend's who also got lumia 920 i have changed fw like peace of cake,,

both phones at&t
never bricked
try, i believe you eventually get there:)

i keep trying to flash it again and again but it's the same thing. Recovery Failed. make sure the files you are using are meant for the same type of device. help please!

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Hello,
I've been trying to flash my AT&T Lumia 920 to pre-portico Rogers and then to GDR2/Amber Euro Dev.
I downloaded the pre-portico rogers ROM from here, but it doesn't show up as an option to flash on Nokia Care Suite: Product Support Tool for Store 5.Any ideas?

vimukthi999

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Hello,
I've been trying to flash my AT&T Lumia 920 to pre-portico Rogers and then to GDR2/Amber Euro Dev.
I downloaded the pre-portico rogers ROM from here, but it doesn't show up as an option to flash on Nokia Care Suite: Product Support Tool for Store 5.Any ideas?

try installing Nokia_DataPackage_Manager_2012.18.0

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans