Nokia Lumia 920 Field test update disables 4G!!!

Exoma

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
I have a Lumia 920 from Europe that came unlocked. The only way to enable 4G on this phone is through the Field test. Unfortunately after updating my Field Test through the marketplace it no longer allows me to choose 4G as only 2G and 3G are shown.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Is there a fix? Did Nokia really just disable 4G permanently for me?

sutt359

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Dam you're right.... Looks like i cant force it to pick up 4g anymore they still havent enabled 4g in the mobile network settings.

But the phone still picks up 4g ok.

andrewkeith5

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I still wonder when they're going to activate said option...Right now it doesn't affect me but if they don't do it before Vodafone launch 4G I'll be annoyed to say the least :(

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Here in Youngstown, Ohio AT&T recently began rolling out LTE. The entire month of May I had severe battery drain daily along with my girlfriend and her sister's Lumia 920's. On a whim, I've always had the Access Point settings app manually installed. I check it frequently and noticed that all profiles had been identified as "Inactive". The latest update, however, was different. The 4G profile was Active suddenly, and I noticed that in addition to the drain I lost my data connection. So I forced the profile to LTE 1, and it not only upped my Internet Sharing to 8 devices, but also has fixed my battery drain (I now get amazing battery life) and my data connection is wicked reliable. I doubt it's a miracle cure all, but it's worth investigating. If you're looking for the Access Point link, use the Lumia Pusher app in the store. :)

I believe this to be far more reliable method than using the Field Test methodology.

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem for my unlocked nokia lumia 920 (I'm using t-mobile and lte won't let me access data). Follow these steps:

step 1:Download the "Mobile Network Free" app from the store

step 2: Select the app and don't do anything else!

Step 3: hit the back button

Step 4: Hit Mobile Network setting

step 5: Switch setting from automatic to T-mobile (3G)

I hope this worked for you cuz it did for me! my phone only uses 3G and not LTE therefore allowing me to access and use my data efficiently.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss