the lockscreen and the accuweather app

majd_selbi

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
nothing urgent here
Im new to WP so my questions my sound dumb, bare with me
1- the lock screen settings, there is "choose an app to show detailed status" option, which, as I understand, this is the one that comes by default selected as calendar, to show date and time (correct?), but when I select "none" or any other application from the list, it doesnt change anything on the lockscreen, it keeps date and time,so whats wrong?

2- i was playing with the phone files through windows explorer (when connected to the PC, I have windows 7-64), there is a "saved photos" folder under pictures, which I used to add a photo from my PC so I can use as a lockscreen background, I kept changing the files while the phone was connected to the PC (copy and replace...etc), suddenly, i wasnt able to see that folder from the phone (when I go to photos from phone, i dont see that folder, yet i can access it from the computer). I disconnected the phone, restarted, nothing happened, still cant find it. then i reconnected it to the PC, added new files to the same folder from the PC, and there is was again on the phone........ I guess my question is, what the hell happened, was is a "refresh" issue at the phone or something??

3- the accuweather app, love it, but when i first started it, it gave me the option to enable accuweather to set my lockscreen, afterwards I changed my lockscreen, only to discover i cannot go back to the accuweather lockscreen (its not offered in the application's settings, its not offered in the lockscreen settings)!!! must I uninstall and reinstall accuweather to be able to get this feature?

many thanks

Nakazul

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
In lock screen settings. Choose desired app to display info on lock screen. Then beneath you see a button appear named Open App. Do that and set changes. Sometimes in the app settings you find a "refresh lock screen" when you press "..."
Now save if necessary, in a lot of cases you get a notification that the lock screen is updated.

o0Nighthawk0o

May 15, 2013
Visit site
As for the date and time on the lock screen. You will always have the date and time. What the detailed status does, when set to calendar, will show upcoming appointments on the lock screen. So, what you are seeing in normal. The other apps that you choose that don't change anything either doesn't have any info to display or the lock screen needs refreshed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon