Huawei W1 JailBreaked, possibly also for the L920

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I am a happy panda.

This appears to be the first custom ROM this side of Windows Phone. Serious props and internets to the person who pulled it off.

I believe XAP is the Windows Phone package manager.

Also there's no reference to the 920 except for the one guy asking whether it can be done to his 920, which is not the W1.

ilam82

May 23, 2013
Visit site
what I meant with this thread is that if there is jailbreak for Huawei is a beginning to have jailbreak for L920

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I don't get it... Why do you have to jailbreak your phone at all?? I mean, I get the reasoning behind it back when the iPhone was only available through AT&T and it was locked to that carrier, but really? I would never even attempt to do it, nor would I want to. Why compromise your phone like that? :-/

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Already have posts asking for xap's to be posted, as usual this is good for nothing but piracy. And what do you need this for on a 920 exactly? Yeah, great work indeed. /s

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I don't get it... Why do you have to jailbreak your phone at all?? I mean, I get the reasoning behind it back when the iPhone was only available through AT&T and it was locked to that carrier, but really? I would never even attempt to do it, nor would I want to. Why compromise your phone like that? :-/
There were, and still are, plenty of reasons both to jailbreak an iPhone and root an Android: both options open up the OS to a ton of sweet homebrew features and functionality (I'm not talking about pirating at all). I don't think getting it unlocked from AT&T was even half the reasoning for jailbreaking back then, honestly. Windows Phone is a different story though... barely any features get added. There were still only a very limited number of extra things that Jaxbot of Windows Phone Hacker could do for a WP7 interop unlocked ("jailbroken") device. Most everything that you could do could be done on WP7 with a dev unlocked device. No jailbreaking required.

I'll personally never go down this path until someone figures out how to ACTUALLY add functionality, such as separate volume controls, system-wide orientation lock, and associating filetypes with 3rd party apps (i.e. I would prefer it if my browser links would open in UC Browser, my prefer WP browser).

tipu2185

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'll personally never go down this path until someone figures out how to ACTUALLY add functionality, such as separate volume controls, system-wide orientation lock, and associating filetypes with 3rd party apps (i.e. I would prefer it if my browser links would open in UC Browser, my prefer WP browser).

Well I am hoping for some good homebrew apps like call blocking, tile colors changing etc :)

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Doesn't sound like anything is coming soon anywhere from that thread.

This is the issue with slow feature updates from Microsoft... People start looking at ways to customize the phones themselves...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans