removing music tags that no longer exist?

Steven Mcneill

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
hi all, im having a few problems with my 620. i tried moving a load of albums through usb to my phone and the majority are fine but some were pretty scattered, some artists split into different spellings and some albums only contained a few tracks with duplicate albums having the remainder.

im trying to find a way to retag? and the other problem is that even though i have removed some albums, i still have the artists name in different spellings in the artist list but no albums, can i delete these permanently?

im pretty new to this so any detail would be really helpful!

the artist list goes for example like this....

Pink Floyd
pink Floyd
pinkfloyd
Pink floyd

but i have deleted the albums and the artist still remains?

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey, I have tried out the same. It deletes it the next time you visit the artists tab. If not just click on the artist, check if any songs remain and delete them. The Go back and exit music. Enter again and check for the artist, it should disappear.

If the above doesn't work, try managing your music with Windows Media Player. It worked quite qell for me, although I find every process that includes music tedious.

Steven Mcneill

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
thanks for the reply but even formatting the sd card and restarting the phone only deletes the music and still keeps all the artists without any music?

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
hmm .. never had this issue. I guess you could try this
Connect your device to PC and make sure no apps are running on the device.
Go to the Music Folder in Windows explorer.
You should find two hidden folders - Album and Artist. (Google how to unhide folders in windows)
Then delete all the files inside .
Then disconnect phone and start music+video app this will start to index your music again and this might help you get back your list of artists and albums as you like.

Reply if this doesn't work.

Steven Mcneill

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
thanks ill give that a go, i was using nokia music it turned out :) so i uninstalled it and using the correct one now but off out so will check back, thanks again

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb