Background task limit on 920?

simbadogg

Aug 28, 2008
Visit site
Does anyone know what the actual background task limit is on the 920? I've been having these issues where once I install Waze, all my background tasks stop working. So i tried installing each app that I initially had using background tasks, then immediately blocking it - so installing amazing weather, then blocking it after setting up, ESPN hub, then blocking it, MetroTalk, then blocked it, and did the same with runtastic, here drive, battery widget then finally Waze.

But then over night, and when I tried it initially yesterday, nothing worked...and this was regardless of the fact that if I went to background tasks and looked at which ones were actually enabled it was only amazing weather, battery widget and runtastic. What could the problem be? Is it possibly the apps under advanced "some of these apps can run in the background and can't be blocked"?

I'm seriously stuck here, any help would be appreciated

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I assume 15 is the limit on "blockable" background apps, not on apps that show up under "advanced". Is that right?
And what happens when you add app #16 that wants to run a background task?

hipporama

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I assume 15 is the limit on "blockable" background apps, not on apps that show up under "advanced". Is that right?
And what happens when you add app #16 that wants to run a background task?

You can have a maximum of 15 apps with background tasks enabled. WP will show a notification when you try to enable more than that saying that there are too many background apps enabled. It won't allow you to enable more than 15.

nlm

May 28, 2011
Visit site
There are a couple of threads going on in the MS Community (search "windows phone 8 lumia 920 live tiles not updating) that seem to point towards a magical number for apps in the background tasks, whether enabled or not before live tiles stop updating. I've been a victim of this a few times. The best reply was going into each app listed in the Background Tasks Advanced and disabling push and live tiles for those that are not on the start screen. We just haven't figured out that number is and whether that number applies to the advanced screen or the main Background Tasks screen. In over 14 pages I don't think MS has replied or acknowledged the issue once....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99