Lumia 820 - Photos duplicated after being taken.

Andrea Giallombardo

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I'm having a problem with my lumia 820 since the latest update. Everytime I take a photo it gets duplicated in my camera roll folder, sometimes even more than twice (sometimes even reaching 5 over time). When I try to delete just one of the duplicates it deletes all of them all together... As you can imagine its getting quite frustrating, especially when I need to find a photo deep in the folder as i have to scroll through a lot of extra photos that are there for no reason.

I tried deleting them all and replacing them manually through a usb connection but the same thing happened. Is there any fix at all?

I use a 32gb class 4 SD card.

SOLUTION: A hard reset fixed the problem

Last edited:

Andrea Giallombardo

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty sure there is something wrong with the software rather than the sd card because it started to happen after the latest big update from MS. But I'll try and remove the sd card and put it in again just to see if makes a difference. honestly i'm trying to avoid factory resetting my phone as its highly customised and I do not wish to lose all my data :unhappysweat:

eReS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
will see for how long ;-)
I prefer to copy all images to external drive, format card and copy images back to the card.

saintmonster

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Me also a L820 User...
When I use the "NOKIA CAMERA" app I face the duplication problem..
So I started using just the basic "CAMERA" app..
That solved the problem for me..
I am sure its the software bug, no probs with SD card..

baloo247

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
In the nokia camera app it's configure to do bracketing. This is where when you take a photo it actually takes 2, 3 or more, depending on configuration, at different exposure settings. That's why it's doing this. Open the nokia app and click on the settings icon and you'll see bracketing. Was annoying me for ages until I saw this setting.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea