Anyone else regret not waiting for the 925?

cybodroid

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Metal finish, 6 lenses, home button working as a notification light... it only has 16GB of storage but I only carry a few albums at a time and don't play many games so the 925 is starting to feel like the better phone for me. I was under the impression that the 928 was superior somehow so I just ignored the 925 completely, but as it nears its launch and more details start to roll out it's looking like that's not really the case. Almost wishing I'd done more research or waited longer, but I guess that's just how it works with phones and you can never expect to have the latest and greatest for long.

Anyone else feeling like they should've waited?

nufan947

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Considering 925 is T-Mo and 928 is Vzw, no. I haven't bought the 928 yet but I'm still going to, for me it isn't worth switching carriers.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

halamadridkimi

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
home button is not working like notification light, they were dev phones, and that home button light was for low battery.. and for ur questition,no i like 920 sooo much

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
its essentially the same phone with the extra lens and body design...i'd rather have the xenon flash than the extra lens anyway but that's just my opinion at the end of the day I think both phones are pretty much the same

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
No. 925 does not have Xenon flash. For that reason alone, I do not feel it is superior to the 928. Plus, I'm not willng to change carriers to get a phone.

Umm Yeah

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
It's all about the carrier. I'm stuck with Verizon and the 925 will never be on Verizon, so it's a non-issue for me. That said, I probably would stick with the 928 for the extra storage (16GB just isn't enough if you can't expand). The wireless charging isn't big for me but if it is for you, it's nice to have that built in.

cybodroid

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, with xenon flash vs extra lens, I guess you could say the 928 has a better cam for low light and the 925 for high light.

... and it does look like the notification isn't a permanent thing, but still... there's enough subtle differences between the two that might sway the purchase for some people. The 925 also has a tighter frame and I doubt it has the rattle issues my 928 has from vibrate.

RapidTurtle

May 27, 2013
Visit site
T-Mobile sucks in my regional area, so there is no way I could go with them. I love my 928, and wouldn't trade it for any phone at this point.

cybodroid

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Just realized I'm already up to 14GB and just from everyday use. Guess I'm feeling better about the purchase now.

Last edited:

thegamevg

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
I just bought the 920 a week ago..I strongly considered the 925 as well...
A normal app user should be good with 16GB...even adding say 8 gigs of music and leaving room for Photos / videos and "other"... it would be cutting it close though..

IMO the 920 really is the cream of the crop...the mild camera hump on the 925 is offsetting, against the smooth original -fully functional beast that is the 920

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
A couple other things, the 928 has wireless charging built in, the 925 needs a separate shell to be purchased. I do like the changeable shells on the 925 though, that's a nice touch.

Also, the extra lens (Smart Camera?) will be coming to the 928 eventually.

cybodroid

May 27, 2013
Visit site
A couple other things, the 928 has wireless charging built in, the 925 needs a separate shell to be purchased. I do like the changeable shells on the 925 though, that's a nice touch.

Also, the extra lens (Smart Camera?) will be coming to the 928 eventually.

I considered wireless charging but decided the cases of me actually using it would be rare so I'm passing for now.

As for the extra lens, the 925 actually has a 6th lens built into the camera whereas the 928 has only 5. Any software advantages the 925 has will be taken care of with the Amber update, though.

cybodroid

May 27, 2013
Visit site
I just bought the 920 a week ago..I strongly considered the 925 as well...

A normal app user should be good with 16GB...even adding say 8 gigs of music and leaving room for Photos / videos and "other"... it would be cutting it close though..

IMO the 920 really is the cream of the crop...the mild camera hump on the 925 is offsetting, against the smooth original -fully functional beast that is the 920

The 920 isn't a bad option either if you don't mind the IPS display vs AMOLED. I think it's good that all variants have enough advantages to make you think twice about which carrier you select.

thegamevg

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
The 920 isn't a bad option either if you don't mind the IPS display vs AMOLED. I think it's good that all variants have enough advantages to make you think twice about which carrier you select.

Thats true..though the deciding factor with the current 92x series is the DISADVANTAGE that it brings...E.g 16GB non expandable storage can be a dealbreaker for some..as might be the lack of colour options(and slightly blocky look) of the 928... Screen tech is more of a personal preference as you mentioned....
The 920 brings a significant price advantage with it as well over the 925/928 if you go the unlocked way like me..

JohnStrk

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I was on the fence for a while after reading all the specs for the 925 and it looks great, but in the end I got tired of waiting for it to be released, will not have LTE with T-Mobile for a while, it could have less storage space, and I just love the yellow Lumia 920, so I decided to switch to one this past weekend. So far I am very happy with AT&T LTE service (switched from sprint), and love this phone. Paid $7 and change after trading an old phone in and waived activation fee :smile:

tvolpe86

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
925's add-on qi charging slip cover looking thing is ugly. no xenon flash. anything notification light related can be added to any existing Lumia with a simple firmware update. only thing "better" is the 6th lens element compared to the 920 and 928's 5. plus, TMo service stinks (at least in my area).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo