Storage Cleaner App to Shrink "Other" Storage

sportrckr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I just checked my phone storage last night and it showed my "Other" storage at over 5GB, I know that this has caused a problem for a lot of people and the main resolution seems to be doing a hard reset. However after a couple minutes searching in the store I ran across two apps, Storage Cleaner and Shrink Storage, which advertise the ability to shrink the Other storage by filling the phone with data, forcing the OS to remove unnecessary files (ie files in Other) and then allows you to remove the files that the app created therefore reducing the amount of space that Other takes up.

I was wondering if anyone has tried either of these apps before and what, if any, success they've had with using it.

sportrckr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I've got a HTC 8X, hence why I was looking at these apps since HTC doesn't seem to have a similar app compared to what Nokia offers

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I tried it when it first came out (the author is a semi regular on Microsoft Answers). Personally, I regained about 300Mb, but other people have reported more of a saving.

The best solution is still a factory reset, as bitter as that pill is to swallow...

absonj

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I use shrink storage at least once a month. Routine maintenance for me. I do it three times to get maximum results. Note that it won't delete all from storage, but I routinely get 100mb freed after three runs. It usually leaves about 2 gigs. I would rather have that than the occasional hard reset. Its a pain, but I manage my pictures and videos to cloud only, don't keep them on the phone. Also, delete internet history every now and then, I've noticed that's also where I've gotten some additional space as well.
Sent from my wicked sexy HTC 8X windows phone using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234