Numerous Lumia 620 Issues. Do you have the same problems?

richard_c

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I've had the lumia 620 since it first came out in the UK and piad ?200 for it off contract (wish I had waiting as the price dropped rapildy not long after but thats going away fromy my point).

Since I've had the phone I've encountered issue upon issue like:

1. Battery rapidly drains every now and again and this is when I'm not even using it a lot.
2. The phone freezes up on occasion and I need to take the battery out
3. Scroll up to unlock the lock screen messes up far to often and doesn't let me scroll the screen all the way up to unlock. I need to turn the screen off and on for it to work properly.
4. I get an error saying the SD card has been removed when it hasn't.
5. Music app is slow and I mean slow. I have like 20GB of music on an SD card. Ill load the app up and select a song, the song plays but it takes up to 20 seconds for the screen to flip over to the screen which shows the song that currently playing, during this time I cant do anything with the phone, not even lock it. Really poor in my eyes.
6. Screen becomes unresponsive from time to time and I have to lock and unlock the phone for it to become responsive again.
7. If phone is locked and I hold down there camera button the lag is silly the time it takes to open the camera and take a photo is far too long, slow.

I left an iPhone 4 I had for 2 years the worked great because I was bored of the OS for WP8 but this really takes the ****, all of the above shouldn't be happening, these are things that shouldn't exist, it annoying me to the point now where I'm seriously thinking of ditching WP8 and either giving Android a try or going back to an iPhone with iOS7 when its out.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
It sounds like you have a defective phone. My mom has a Lumia 620 and hasn't experienced any of the issues you mention. Well, she doesn't use an SD card and has no music on her phone, but it froze once since she's had it (nearly two months now). I just showed her how to do a soft reset for future reference, but she's definitely experienced none of the big issues you mentioned.

Victor Olivares

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Well I paid a little bit more because I bought it in the USA and brought it to my country but anyways it's an amazing phone, I've never had a flagship, just an old xperia with android ICS.
I don't believe your phone is defective, my device has most of your issues.
About the battery I advise you to take a look at Setting, swipe to Aplications and go to Background Process and disable all those apps you don't need (specially Here Drive+ Beta, that killed my battery when my phone was idle).
At least for me I've never needed to take out the battery when the phone freezed, I've experienced some random restarts, but they was fixed with the latest firmware, and most of the lags with camera and music app are caused by the micro SD cards, probably that is the main reason why they don't add a SD card slot on the flagships, I have a class 10 Sandisk SDHC Ultra that I bought about 2 weeks after I got the phone and without the SD it worked very fast and fluid while taking photos and playing music, videos.
I hope most of the problems get fixed with GDR2/Amber Update, I understand that is very different for you to use a phone with issues if you have had an iOS device, I remember my xperia and I'm sure this phone is perfect for me, and I think I'll buy more WP devices in the near future.

Mahdi Ghiasi

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
I've had the lumia 620 since it first came out in the UK and piad ?200 for it off contract (wish I had waiting as the price dropped rapildy not long after but thats going away fromy my point).

1. Battery rapidly drains every now and again and this is when I'm not even using it a lot.
3. Scroll up to unlock the lock screen messes up far to often and doesn't let me scroll the screen all the way up to unlock. I need to turn the screen off and on for it to work properly.
5. Music app is slow and I mean slow. I have like 20GB of music on an SD card. Ill load the app up and select a song, the song plays but it takes up to 20 seconds for the screen to flip over to the screen which shows the song that currently playing, during this time I cant do anything with the phone, not even lock it. Really poor in my eyes.
6. Screen becomes unresponsive from time to time and I have to lock and unlock the phone for it to become responsive again.
7. If phone is locked and I hold down there camera button the lag is silly the time it takes to open the camera and take a photo is far too long, slow.

I left an iPhone 4 I had for 2 years the worked great because I was bored of the OS for WP8 but this really takes the ****, all of the above shouldn't be happening, these are things that shouldn't exist, it annoying me to the point now where I'm seriously thinking of ditching WP8 and either giving Android a try or going back to an iPhone with iOS7 when its out.

I also have some of those problems with my Lumia 620: problem #2,3,5,6. But about #5, I have much fewer music on my SD, and the waiting time is 4-5 seconds. And about #2, mine is restarting automatically when freezes. But a few times it hanged while screen locked, and I couldn't unlock screen or even see the lock screen. In that cases I pulled the battery out.

ESKIBOY

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
I've had a few lock ups on my phone where i've had to soft reset the phone. Had it lock up while the phone was locked, but the screen was slightly lit so it was killing the battery.

EasilyTheBest

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
My 620 sometimes wont let me answer a call so I have to press the sleep button on the side twice and only then I can answer a call.
Grrr its really frustrating but I still love the phone, just purchased the green back cover cheaply off eBay and its really nice, everyone thinks I have had a new phone.

Oris

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
I've had some problems too on my 620. #1,2,3,6

But for #1, I only experienced that after browsing the internet. Battery keeps draining eventhough I've closed the IE. Sometimes I have to hit the 'back button' for few times to make sure it's not running in background.

richard_c

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I feel your pain.

One I forgot to mention was on day my phone just went belly up and displayed a big ! on the screen and I had to take the battery out. Not sure what ! means.

winphoneaddict

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
I have had pretty much zero issues with my 620. I think I've experienced maybe 1 random reboot since 1 owned it, and 1 or 2 "lock ups" where I had to do a soft reset of the phone. FAR LESS issues than I've ever experienced on an Android unit for instance. And that includes high end ones. I am sorry to say, that my wife has a Samsung Galaxy Ace II X, and that thing drives me completely insane any time I have had to use it. She is what I would call a casual non techie sort of user, and I just bought her a Lumia 520 to replace it, cause I am tired of listening to her complain about its slow downs and lock ups. Wow! I am impressed with it. What a neat phone! Sure, it lacks some of the features of my phone, but will serve her well, and has the same screen size as her Android. She'll love it I am sure, when she finally gets her paws on it. 😄

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Yes. It heats up when I use internet, or Camera or playing heavy duty games. If there is any heat(when I am not even using), I know that some app is either hogging the battery or something's running in the background.

Andre o Botelho

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

#1 - Normal to any L620.
#2 - Mine auto-restart randonly so I cant notice the freeze.
#3 - happens all the time - lock and unlock to solve - horrible.
#4 - never got this issue.
#5 - sd card access is slow, I have a class 4 4GB SD and cant save videos to it because when playing they-re like sequential photos, maybe a class 10 SD card will solve this. Never have this problem on my Nokia 701 with this card - 720p videos too, if you have too much music files you have to get another SD card(faster).
#6 - same as #3, some touchscreen issue.
#7 - are you using SD card to store photos? mine take ~3 seconds to save a photo.

It appears that your problem is the memorycard, wp8 is buggy, I cant believe I've spent $400 on this device. hope changing the SD card solves the issue.

d_abbatelli

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site

I have all your issues, excluding the 4th.
To compensate, the 5th is much worse on mine: I tried to put music, but duplicates the songs to the point I have 30000 songs out of the original 2000.
Listening to music from the MMC is nearly impossible to me.

Cross fingers and hope GDR2/Amber fix most of the issues... Otherwise I'll ditch WP8 too: ok some bugs and limitations, but this is a beta version!

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
only issue that i had on my phone is the phone rebooting every one in awhile and locking up requiring a battery pull. This has happened less than 10 imtes since i've had the phone since April which isnt too bad. using in the U.S

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion