Numerous Lumia 620 Issues. Do you have the same problems?

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
hi i have purchasedd new nokia lumia 620. . . . .and i'm so frustrated with its functionality . .. no photo displaying in facebook apps . . . .facebook doesn't open on explorer
youtube video not playing . . ..it sucks . . .please help . . . .and one more let me know if there is an aappps for appllication protector

no photo dispalying in facebook? Are you using the latest facebook beta app?

Brianczy

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
I had the similar problems. There was one day my phone just turns off by itself. When i charge it, the low battery sign keeps popping out and it keeps restarting itself. I cant even turn it back on, sent it to nokia care and its been there for almost 1 week now. They told me was my mother board problem. My phone was fine before. Any of you have the same problem as me?

rivman05

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I have had my 620 since May, its been a solid phone. I have had no issues, even after it went for a 5 minute swim after I fell out of my boat logging. Dried it out and it actually started to respond a bit better than it did previously.

nfbsk

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
For those of you that haven't received the GDR2+Amber update yet, I can happily say that the touchscreen responsiveness and the camera performance is much improved now. I would try out the update before getting a different phone.

Dragunov2

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
1. Battery rapidly drains every now and again and this is when I'm not even using it a lot.

Normally a day and half till it's almost empty! WIFI only works when screen is on, Bluetooth active

2. The phone freezes up on occasion and I need to take the battery out

Not a problem yet, happens once to the Android Phone of my wife

3. Scroll up to unlock the lock screen messes up far to often and doesn't let me scroll the screen all the way up to unlock. I need to turn the screen off and on for it to work properly.

No

4. I get an error saying the SD card has been removed when it hasn't.

No

5. Music app is slow and I mean slow. I have like 20GB of music on an SD card. Ill load the app up and select a song, the song plays but it takes up to 20 seconds for the screen to flip over to the screen which shows the song that currently playing, during this time I cant do anything with the phone, not even lock it. Really poor in my eyes.

Not using it

6. Screen becomes unresponsive from time to time and I have to lock and unlock the phone for it to become responsive again.

Have this problem aswell, it even shakes a bit in sequence

7. If phone is locked and I hold down there camera button the lag is silly the time it takes to open the camera and take a photo is far too long, slow.

Have this aswell, caused by the slow SD

priyank solanki

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
hey,i am going to buy lumia 620,can u tell which is the latest update,and which update is necesary and where to go for update the firmware or amber update.which type of updates are available for this device.

RetroMan71

May 14, 2013
Visit site
only issue that i had on my phone is the phone rebooting every one in awhile and locking up requiring a battery pull. This has happened less than 10 imtes since i've had the phone since April which isnt too bad. using in the U.S

Same here... and random apps just crash!

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
hey,i am going to buy lumia 620,can u tell which is the latest update,and which update is necesary and where to go for update the firmware or amber update.which type of updates are available for this device.

Beware, if you're going to be surfing and whatsapping, Lumia 620 will last you barely for a day or even less under heavy load. Max.14 hours under heavy load(2G + background tasks, net surfing and whatsapp)
Amber update is OUT but phones with 0001 firmware are not getting it for some reason. Hopefully Nokia Care will be able to update our phones without needlessly blabbering.

TheLuminis620

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
This is from my 9 months ownership of the Lumia 620.

1. Battery rapidly drains every now and again and this is when I'm not even using it a lot.

The battery life of the Lumia 620 is mediocre. It drains like water when the data connection is active but when I shut it off, it can last for 3-4 days. With data, I can make it last for around 6-8 hours a day. Only with WiFi, a day or 2 is possible.

Nope, never happened to me.

3. Scroll up to unlock the lock screen messes up far to often and doesn't let me scroll the screen all the way up to unlock. I need to turn the screen off and on for it to work properly.

I also experience this issue, and this seems to also affect call answering sometimes. When I pull the phone out of my pocket, the slider messed up. I have to lock and unlock the screen to make it work again. It's pretty annoying!

Never had this, but I did have some sort of error when I put in the SD card for the first time and all I need to do is to format the card from the phone and it works like a charm afterwards!

5. Music app is slow and I mean slow. I have like 20GB of music on an SD card. Ill load the app up and select a song, the song plays but it takes up to 20 seconds for the screen to flip over to the screen which shows the song that currently playing, during this time I cant do anything with the phone, not even lock it. Really poor in my eyes.

My music collection in the phone is somewhere around 2GB and all of them are on my SD Card. Seems to be loading fine on mine. Maybe you need to upgrade to a higher class SD Card because I've been hearing about performance issues with SD Card across WP8 phones..

6. Screen becomes unresponsive from time to time and I have to lock and unlock the phone for it to become responsive again.

This has been discussed a long time ago and the culprit is the grounding issue with the back cover.

7. If phone is locked and I hold down there camera button the lag is silly the time it takes to open the camera and take a photo is far too long, slow.

This is also related to SD Card..

EDIT:

I've since updated my phone to Amber and everything seems to be fine. The frequency of app crashes are getting lesser and lesser, improved overall performance and the features it brought in is just magnificent! However, I still have an issue with the phone call answering.

Mahdi Ghiasi

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
my nokia lumia 620 when i restore in factory setting it keeps on on restore mode, what shall i do?

You mean, it stuck in the gears screen? if so, try holding volume down+power buttons for 10 seconds. phone will reboot. wait for some time again. if it's still stuck, again hold volume down+power for 10 seconds, and when NOKIA logo showed, press these keys: volume up, volume down, power, volume down (one key at a time).
This solved this issue for me.

Mahdi Ghiasi

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
About touch problem. After Amber update, it became worse for me. many times screen thought that my finger is on the screen, while it wasn't. many times three buttons (search, start, back) tapped by its own, etc.
Then I removed screen protector from the screen. Most of those issues are solved. now touchscreen confusion appears rarely.

TheLuminis620

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
.... Then I removed screen protector from the screen. Most of those issues are solved. now touchscreen confusion appears rarely.

While the screen is already problematic in the first place, the reason it became worse might be because the high-sensitivity setting is on and the screen protector sort of act like an object on the screen that cause the screen to recognize it as an object you use to operate the screen.. If that even make sense though. Haha!

Suman Ghosh

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
6. didnt get you..what is GROUNDING ISSUE..can you plz explain

This is from my 9 months ownership of the Lumia 620.

The battery life of the Lumia 620 is mediocre. It drains like water when the data connection is active but when I shut it off, it can last for 3-4 days. With data, I can make it last for around 6-8 hours a day. Only with WiFi, a day or 2 is possible.

Nope, never happened to me.

I also experience this issue, and this seems to also affect call answering sometimes. When I pull the phone out of my pocket, the slider messed up. I have to lock and unlock the screen to make it work again. It's pretty annoying!

Never had this, but I did have some sort of error when I put in the SD card for the first time and all I need to do is to format the card from the phone and it works like a charm afterwards!

My music collection in the phone is somewhere around 2GB and all of them are on my SD Card. Seems to be loading fine on mine. Maybe you need to upgrade to a higher class SD Card because I've been hearing about performance issues with SD Card across WP8 phones..

This has been discussed a long time ago and the culprit is the grounding issue with the back cover.

This is also related to SD Card..

EDIT:

I've since updated my phone to Amber and everything seems to be fine. The frequency of app crashes are getting lesser and lesser, improved overall performance and the features it brought in is just magnificent! However, I still have an issue with the phone call answering.

kamlesh_dhole

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
please help i have two issues
1. Screen becomes unresponsive I have to lock and unlock the phone every time.
2. keypad i cant press 's' 'e' word cause its become unresponsive
any one experience second bug

martin joseph

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
mine's worse 's' 'e' 'd' 'num/abc' 'spacebar' 'smiley' 'send' i am slowly dying a painful death and the color's amber with the initials GDR2 on the tombstone!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb