Voice issue while calling

OscarMaDi

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi there!
I've been having a lot of issues with the 720 lately... Bought one last month, but there was a gap between the glass and the body so I sent it back (took a month to replace it...).
Today arrived the new one, and it looks just gorgeous, I've been playing all day long, syncing accounts and downloading some apps/games, but then, few hours ago I recived a call, answered and then realized that the other person couldn't hear me. I tried almost every place near me (house, car, garden, street) but nothing, I can hear the other people talking during the call but they just can't hear me. Later I tried switching my SIM with another one (different OEM) but the result was the same. It's kinda strange 'cause I can use the voice commands or even call through Skype and in these ocasions the phone recognize my voice perfectly, so definitely, it's not a mic problem.
I've contacted Nokia support via twitter immediately and their solution was simple: "Nokia care". I bet this'll be the most effective, but I just can't handle loosing my phone for another month...
Do you have any ideas? I thought the noise suppression microphone could be involved.
Thank you!

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I had something similar happen to me on my titan 2, make sure the microphone on the bottom isn't plugged with lint. Be gentle and use a paperclip or something.

OscarMaDi

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your reply rdubmu. I discarted the lint because it's a brand new phone and the mic works fine while using voice commands or recording a video. It's just during a call (regular call, skype or viber, doesn't matter), that they can't hear me so I still think it's due to a noise suppression microphone problem. Yesterday I tried to use the earphones and their mic, and it works fine, I had a normal conversation.
Today I went to a Nokia Care and the guy told me it was a strange case and he reinstalled all the software (through navifirm, I guess), but after that, the problem persisted. I left the phone there until tomorrow and if he doesn't find a solution he'll send it to the SAT.
I've read on some blogs that it was a common issue on the iPhone 4 and all of them got their phones replaced.
Now I'm wondering how do you manage to open the unibody lumia 720 to acces to the internat parts (as I know, on the bottom of the 920 you can find two holes for that purpose, but the 720 doesn't have such thing).
I'll explain how this is going in the coming days.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans