What are you expectations from GDR2 Update?

Samvel87

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
People have been telling me that I don't answer my phone...well, that's because sometimes the phone simply doesn't ring...Basically, the phone kinda "times out" every now and then and unless I first make a call, I won't be able to receive one. This bug should have been fixed long ago because it's unacceptable for a device of this caliber.
The same thing happens when I browse the web using my data plan...If I'm on the move and lose signal at some point, I can't get it back unless I make a call first...so I just dial voice mail and immediately get my signal back.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
If you want to know whats in GDR2 just read a Lumia 925 review or post a question in that forum. There's no mystery, it doesn't bring any significant changes so don't get your hopes up.

Dean Hepper

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
How about the update for the 8x was dated to be released yesterday (July 15th), it is now 01:17 on July 16th and low and behold, no update! What's up with that?

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
The big thing I want fixed is the camera app. The patch that improved daylight performance also brought an inability to focus. It's frustrating as hell having to take 10+ photos of a subject, taping around the scene to see if the phone will find something to finally focus on.

Devamps

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
While upgrade Amber is still in the testing phase for the Nokia WP8, ATIV S (Samsung WP8) without carrier subsidies in Germany have already received GDR2 according to information that some sites are reporting since yesterday!

WP8sNewest

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
I saw the release dates of the GDR2 to certain phones, but I noticed that the Lumia 928 and 925 weren't on there does anyone know when they will be available to those two?

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I've read numerous articles that Amber / GDR2 update will enable buletooth 4.0 functionalities in Lumia 720, 620, 820 and 520. Does 920 already have BT 4.0?

fiveaces01

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I think one of the best features would be the ability to see the time and notifications (missed calls etc.) w/o lighting up the whole screen. Improvements in the accuracy of music info and metadata would be nice too. But, overall I love the phone (nokia 920 wp8)

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
We will be getting the Pro Camera app at some point, but we won't have the option for 34MP pictures.

Also... what do I expect from GDR2? To get it...at some point this year. *cries*

milanngo

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I would love to have a fast way to close apps, either iP-like (x button) or Nexus 7-like (swipe). Another one would be Horizontal/Vertical orientation lock button

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss