Trouble with People hub and contact numbers

celeborn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Hello there.
Bought a yellow Lumia 920 a couple days ago, coming from an older Android device, and I'm loving the phone. However I'm having a problem that's driving me nuts.

I have two contacts that set up their cellphone numbers on LinkedIn in the international formatting (something like +CountryCode AreaCode PhoneNumber). These contacts also are linked to their own Facebook, Twitter, Hotmail (the new Outlook/People, whatever), and my old Google account. Everything should be perfect, but I can't send them SMSs nor call them (I get a call error message from my carrier stating I must have dialed the wrong number because the format is invalid). Their numbers are correct in their respective FB, Twitter, etc. profiles, but I can't, for the love of God, change the default number, as in People Hub their number is listed as "Cellphone Number: +XX XX XXXXXXXXXX" (which gets picked up from LinkedIn). The international call assistant in phone settings doesn't make a difference at all.

So I thought "hey, might just disable LinkedIn and see what happens". It worked for the first contact, but the second contact still shows area code and makes it impossible for me to call him. I tried adding other numbers to check if I'd be able to switch between them, but I can't find that option anywhere. Is there an app, some way to work around this or am I just making something wrong? I thought maybe in last case scenario I could ask them to change their LinkedIn profiles, but I feel that might be unpolite.

Can someone please help me? I've been searching for hours and found nothing about this problem.

Ramy Abol Fetoh

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Same problem like mr. celeborn , my contact list is so crowded and there are many repeated contacts and when i dial someone the phone chooses the number with the wrong area/country code (linkedin account)

I didn't like "people hub" or history , it shows every single call , it doesnt group the same contact .. when I open the last dailled i must scroll between a lot of repeated contacts to reach my desired one

- I want my old phone contacts list only , i dont want to sync my hotmail,facebook,twitter and linkedin contacts to the phonebook , i find every contact repeated 5 or 6 times and i am not supposed to link more than 200 contact individually

miodrage

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
What I have did is somewhat boring, and time-consuming, but after ur done, u will ask urself how could u have ever lived without it.
So I have all of my contacts searching thru the phone, and just linking them, and now I have lets say XY with 3 phone numbers, his FB, LinkedIn, Skype, and every other relevant info

Nicholas Cruz

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I just ran across this problem today. It was right after I added someone on skype whom I speak to and text with frequently. I cant edit the Skype profile on my phone but it appears that there is an extra '1' added and that sends Windows phone into a tizzy. Even when I view my contact I can see that the number is correct. As soon as I go to text, problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett