Nokia Lumia 720 often freeze

TheBedroom

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

i've a new Lumia 720 (2 weeks), and on an average of twice per week, the phone suddenly freeze: usually it happens when the screen is locked (off): i push the button on the right, but nothing... at this point, i can only do a soft reset.

Battery is ok.

It's very disappointing...
any ideas ?
thanks,
D.

Mohak Adav

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Mine doesn't freeze but it gets off even though having 100% battery. After connecting it to a charger it just boots up .
Does it freeze on startup?
If yes , then try pressing Volume Dwn + Power button at once and wait till it gets restart.

TheBedroom

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
It freeze often while is locked, not during startup.
As i said, i must do a soft reset (Volume Down + Power) to get phone on again, but my question is:
1) why it happens so frequently ? i don't think is a normal behavior
2) why after soft reset date and time does not set automatically even if set for this ?

anon(5816156)

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately, I can't find you an alternative of Skype.
But however, try to uninstall Skype on your phone and see if it keeps freezing or not. Meanwhile, I will try to email them as I can't even run Skype on my 820.

konai

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
This happened to me yesterday for two times. I presume it was because of a game called "Drift Mania Championship 2 Lite" which I deleted afterwards. It could have been the Wikipedia app made by Rudy Huyn but that's less likely. I'll update if I encounter more freezes.

TheBedroom

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately, I can't find you an alternative of Skype.
But however, try to uninstall Skype on your phone and see if it keeps freezing or not. Meanwhile, I will try to email them as I can't even run Skype on my 820.
ok I've uninstalled skype, now let see in the next few days what happens
Thank you
D.

NewLumia720User

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I bought Nokia Lumia 720, 4 days back. In this 4 days, the Phone froze twice and no matter how many trial for soft restart i do, nothing happens. First time it restarted automatically but second time nothing is happening for 1 hour.:crying::crying::crying::crying:

Any solution?

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
I bought Nokia Lumia 720, 4 days back. In this 4 days, the Phone froze twice and no matter how many trial for soft restart i do, nothing happens. First time it restarted automatically but second time nothing is happening for 1 hour.:crying::crying::crying::crying:

Any solution?

There is no definitive solution, but here are some things to try.

1. Turn the phone off, take out the SIM card, make sure it's sitting properly in the tray and then reinstall it. Turn on the phone and test it for a while.
  2. If you have cut down your mini SIM card to a micro SIM, it's possible the SIM has been damaged. It might be worth ordering a new micro SIM and trying that.
  3. If you have a micro SD card installed, remove it and test the phone for a while. It's possible a faulty or marginal SD card is causing the phone to be unstable.
  4. Do a full factory reset of the handset to make sure that nothing in the OS has been corrupted. Once you've done the reset, set up your MS account details only - don't link to Facebook or any other accounts just yet. Don't install any apps just yet. Just set up the basics.

If your phone is still resetting regularly after doing all of the above, you will probably need to contact Nokia Care and have the phone looked at.

EDIT: If your phone is completely frozen and doesn't respond to a soft reset (Power +Volume Down for 15 secs), removing the SIM card should trigger a reboot.

TheBedroom

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I've uninstalled skype and can see that phone freeze less than before.
Last one was using new Facebook update.
Hope in future upgrade for the necessary fixing, since is an app very useful.

wetpoop

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
I have a problem aswell i bought the phone 5/6 days ago and in the first day it droze when i installed languages and keyboards to the phone after i rebooted the device (soft) everything worked, then after 3 days it froze when i connected to a wifi, i noticed that after 3 minutes i went AFK... and i pressed the home button and lock but nothing worked its dissapointing the reviews of the phone only ahows how lucrative he is for the offered price. :(

bijendra

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Just in 72hrs Lumia 720 is dead !!
I plugged in the charger yesterday and its boom. There were atleast 5 people at Nokia care for similar or different issuses with Lumia 720.
However they refused to replace the device after a lot of argument. Then I went to the shop from where I bought it as he promised me to replace it with in 5 days.
Now, waiting for the new device. As it comes I am going to sell it to the shop owner or in OLx.
I bought this phone with a lot of expections from NOKIA and TRUST for quality. I am DONE !! They don't deserve it.

Good bye MS and NOKIA

monotheist

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Since the last Skype update my phone freezes/hangs when i try to make a call[a normal call not a skype call]

My phone was well behaved before that. I stongly feel its Skype. Anyone else has a problem after the last update?

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
No need to be panicked, guys! Mine just froze for 3 hours. Here's the solution: Press lock button on the side and while you're doing it, press volume down button at the same time. Hold for a while until it does restarting. I know, you'll be thankful for this youtube guy -->

What you're describing is called a "soft reset" and it's been documented many times in these forums, including in my post just above yours. Searching for terms like "frozen" or "reset" on the forums will yield lots of references to this method of soft reset. It's the standard way to unfreeze a crashed Lumia phone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos