Lumia 920 Replacement

Prabhat Ram

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

Bought Lumia 920 in March 2013. Used it for about 2 months with extensive overheating issue. I thought, after reading a lot online, that the heating issue may just die out eventually, but it didn't. So submitted it to the local Nokia Care, who did heck of a job in displaying their incompetency. So I was forced to ask them to send it to their head office in New Delhi (India). These guys took about 2 weeks, and returned the device, but the problem was still there. In addition, these guys had put 2 glaring scratches on a FLAWLESS (even after 2 months usage) the screen. I was definitely not impressed by the continued carelessness shown by the Nokia Care (oh, the irony)

I sent the device back again, and after about 2 weeks, I was told they cannot fix the device, and so they'll be sending me a "swap" device (I guess that's the term Indian Nokia Care people use to indicate replacement). I was more than happy, because I knew it beforehand, after reading about similar experiences, that replacement is the only possible solution to the overheating problem. I got the "swap" device, but the surface had lots of faint scratches. I showed it to the guys present at the local Nokia Care facility where I'd gone to collect the device. But these geniuses rejected my claim, and said there weren't any visible scratches, and even if it was there, that's all I should expect as a replacement if I were to send it back again demanding a better device, which I did. I think it is unjustified for these guys to hand you a faulty and used device while you pay every penny expecting a perfectly functioning product.

Anyway, I waited for about 2 weeks, after I had sent it the 3rd time, before contacting them again. I got another shock. The repair team at the head office said that their "high authority" had inspected the device and they found it to be perfectly fine. They insisted that I should take the device because they don't see anything wrong with it. I wasn't okay with that. I've asked them to look into it again, and if they still continue to be so disappointing in helping me, then perhaps they should just return my damn original phone. I cannot count on these guys anymore. I'm yet to hear from them

So my question: Is there any other way I could manage to convince these ignorant folks to send me a proper device? What options do I have if even the "high authority" (whoever those idiots are), fail to see sense and the scratches on the replacement device? And should I just give up and settle with my original device, if they were to return it?

Any and every help is appreciated.

Mohak Adav

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi Gharat Ram,
Sad to hear about your Lumia.
I suggest you to email Nokia about this. I had also got my Nokia 603 replaced after emailing this guys. The Nokia Care here in Mumbai were refusing to replace my phone. I just gave all the details about the Nokia Care Center in the email and got my device replace in two weeks.:smile:

Email us - Nokia - India

Good Luck

Prabhat Ram

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi Gharat Ram,
Sad to hear about your Lumia.
I suggest you to email Nokia about this. I had also got my Nokia 603 replaced after emailing this guys. The Nokia Care here in Mumbai were refusing to replace my phone. I just gave all the details about the Nokia Care Center in the email and got my device replace in two weeks.:smile:

Email us - Nokia - India

Good Luck

Hi, Mohak,

Thanks for your reply. I am glad you got your problem solved. But the issue with my case is that these guys are willing to replace, but they are insisting on sending me the scratched device. So I cannot even claim that they are refusing to replace my faulty phone. Still, I'll wait till I hear from the repair guys once again. And depending on their response, I'll decide what to do. If they stick to their original stance, then I'll mail my issue to Nokia folks.

Also, out of curiosity, the replacement you got, was it a brand new piece, or did it look like a used one??

Anyway, thanks for your inputs. Appreciate it.

Hector Aguilar

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm sorry to hear about your bad experience with Nokia warranty department.
Question, Did you get the phone on AT&T?
Cuz if you did you can get a replacement from them, and way better service then that of Nokia's.

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Cuz if you did you can get a replacement from them, and way better service then that of Nokia's.

In India we don't have AT&T. The Major Carriers are Vodafone, NTT Docomo, Airtel , Idea Cellular.

None provide any contracts and or warranties. I think that sacrifice meant we have very cheap call and sms prices which are 1 Paise per second for calls ,which is 0.00017 $ per second :D:D:D

Prabhat Ram

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site

Sadly, like the post below yours has pointed out, we don't have such companies operating here in India. That's why, at least in cases of replacement, you guys are way better off than us. Because here, it is all at he mercy of these moody and arrogant idiots. There's been another development on this front. As per my last conversation, the repair team head had assured an update before they take some decision, but after 2 days, I get a call that my phone has arrived, just out of the blue. And to rub salt into the wound, apparently, it's the same scratched replacement device they'd sent earlier. I've been trying to get the repair team head call me back for the past 3 days, but to no avail. I'll try one more time tomorrow, but I have a bad feeling that my straightforward approach isn't going to solve a thing.

Vani KM

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi Prabhath any luck with your Phone? I had given mine yday to the serivce center guys with similar problem they sent it to Delhi and asked me to wait for 10-14 working days.

-Vani

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs