Would a hard reset fix my flash light?

Jelle Jansma

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
Dear members, I believe there is no similar treath so I decided to make a new one.

Since a few days my flash light doesn't work as it should anymore, about half the times it refuces duty. Because of that it will work now and then, I believe it must be a software problem so a hard reset would probably fix my problem. But I do not feel like spending 3 hours to setup my phone again, so I want to be sure if it really is a software problem. Would you guys think a hard reset is going to fix my problem or must this be a hardware problem?

Thanks in advance!

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
First, I would uninstall and reinstall your flashlight app. If that doesn't work, I would try a new app. If it still doesn't work right, then I would factory reset the phone.

Jelle Jansma

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm sorry that I haven't been clear, I'm not a native English speaker. By flash light I meant the flash itself. It not only doesn't work with a flashlight app, also within the camera app it has the same problems.

SuperJMN

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I had a problem with my flash led, at the back cover. It suddenly stopped working. I realized that it didn't make good contact because pressing over it while shooting a photo it flashed OK. Since I don't want to lose my warranty, I took it to a Nokia Care. 24 hour later, everything was solved.

Good luck!

Sent from my RM-821_eu_spain_435 using Tapatalk

Jelle Jansma

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your comments guys.

Yesterday I noticed that my LED actually is kind of loose in my cover. It sticks a little inside and also I can push it a bit. So I believe my problem must be like the one SuperJMN describes.
Unfortunately, there is no Nokia Care in the Netherlands. Following the official way, I have to hand the phone in at a Vodafone store where they will send the phone to Finland, since Vodafone is not allowed to 'touch' my phone without losing warranty. This means that I probably won't see my Lumia for about 3 weeks.... I used to repair my old HTC by myself but since I don't want to lose my warranty, I think there is no other way.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs