Lumia 920 not charging after battery dead

Varun NM

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
So, I let my battery run to zero by mistake. Now, when I try to charge it, it boots, shows the charging sign for 20secs, then the question mark over the battery and then reboots. I've tried charging it from my USB drive and directly from a power source, but there is no change whatsoever. This has happened once before but it someone managed to hold some charge after a day. I really don't know what to do. I've tried a soft reset and it still goes back to the same screen. I would love any help I can get.

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Sadly, if a Li-ion battery is allowed to completely discharge they can be dead for good. It does sound as if yours isn't completely dead based on the screen giving you that question mark symbol so you could try just leaving it plugged in for a few hours in the hope that it does properly charge up. If that doesn't help then you will need to replace the battery.

Varun NM

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I have had it "charging" all night and it is still in the same cycle of restarts. I have no idea what to do other than having it replaced now (which I'm loathe to do)

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
You may as well try a hard reset before sending it in (the care point will do this anyway). With the phone off press and hold the volume down and keep holding while connecting the charger. An exclamation mark should appear after a few seconds. Now press volume up,volume down,power button then volume down. The phone should now reset. This is a factory reset so all your personal data will be deleted

Tushar Khare

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 720 not charging after battery dead

After complete Lumia battery dead,recharge not happening. :( Plzz help..

Tried Hard reset also

vproyale

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Re: Lumia 720 not charging after battery dead

My Lumia 920 just went off suddenly & will not start up at all. Tried charging both through USB & wall power. What apparently happens is that the phone vibrates, boots up, shows the Nokia logo then goes to the screen showing the battery is charging. now even if i charge this way for 30 mins it still shows the same & if i unplug the phone it just goes off. Now while it was charging i tried a soft reset holding the volume & the power key to try & reboot my phone it vibrated but still did the same thing as above. I really can't figure out what do i do now?. Can someone pls help me out.

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Got the exclamation mark logo though

To get the exclamation mark means that the volume down button was pressed (and held) at some point when trying to start the device. Unfortunately, you may have to proceed with a factory reset to get your phone up and running again. You may as well do this yourself now because if you take it to a Nokia care point it will be the first thing they will do anyway.

So, with the exclamation mark on screen just press the following buttons in the exact order;

Volume UP
Volume DOWN
POWER
Volume DOWN

The phone will restart and reboot (but will stay on the spinning cogs for a while) and all user data will be erased from the phone. What you will be left with is a phone in an out of the box condition so you will need to re-set everything back up again.

vproyale

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
@WorzelGummage thx for your reply buddy unfortunately i got that exclamation mark only once that too after trying a hundred times & i didn't know what to do when i had got it, once i researched what should be done after that, i never got it again. Finally i got frustrated & took it to the Nokia Care center today to check what's wrong. The exec told me the phone's software has failed & it's become a hardware issue now. Will take them 4 working days to check what exactly is the solution, the estimated damage to my wallet & another 10 working days to fix the issue.

Now here comes the worse part i just got this phone 6 months ago as a gift from abroad & although it comes with a one year international warranty, that warranty won't cover this because my country is not compatible with the international warranty. So i've decided i'll send it back to the country of purchase & check what solution they can provide & all this will surely take more than a month & a half. So besides the loss of all my valuable data i'll be without my phone, which got spoilt for no fault of mine in spite of taking such good care of it. I'm so so frustrated right now.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Be careful. It ought to be impossible to completely drain your battery. 0% is not technically 0%, there is a reserve of charge kept so your battery doesn't break. If a bug is causing your phone to REALLY drain completely, you will damage your battery easily like this.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs