Hello
    Having left WP8 (having owned a 920) I am now back. I had left and got a Nexus 4, but after constant freezing up, crashes and random reboots, I finally chucked in the towel and returned. I am really enjoying using the silky smooth OS again. I opted for the 820 for a few reasons:
    1. Smaller (compared to the 920 and Nexus 4. Not to small around about right.
    2. It was cheaper to buy
    3. Wireless charging... Now before anyone says the N4 also has wireless charging capabilities, yes it does but as I'm in the UK I don't really have the option for an official wireless charger for the N4. I could have used some of eBay but I'd rather stick to official ones, that's just me.
    4. Shells, I love having the option to change the external look of my phone and this is a cheaper option than buying a new phone.
    5. It has the same speed processing power as the 920.
    6. A removable battery, I dunno why but it just makes me feel more comfortable having a removable battery.
    7. Micro SD support. This is a massive thing. I can now transfer a variety if media by just inserting my Micro SD card into a variety of supporter devices.
    8. Its solid feel. It doesn't feel flimsy in my hand and i don't have to check that i have put it into my pocket every 5 minutes

I still have a Nexus 7 for my Android fix and I don't see the point in having a Tablet and phone that do the same thing, pretty pointless is you ask me.

Now as I have been gone for a while what have i missed out on? I haven't got enough time to trawl through hours upon hours of articles.

Any hints tips recommended apps etc would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Kevin Rush and th0mas96 like this.
    06-30-2013 07:04 AM
    Not much has changed OS wise but in the last couple of weeks there has been n abundance of official apps being released in the store.

Oh yeah I have n 820 myself n I love it but I'm seriously considering getting a HTC One n come back fully in 2014 if they make the necessary changes that is;)
    dayoungtx likes this.
    06-30-2013 07:15 AM
    @Box, watch out for the gaps on the One at the top and bottom of the front speaker grill pieces. Also, some rough polycarbonate around cutouts for headphone jack and USB port and raised screen glass. I had two and finally sold the replacement because even with wp8 lacking basic functions like separate volume controls and forwarding emails with attachments (my two biggest gripes) I just couldn't handle android as a daily driver. Seriously beautiful phone tho!;)
    Kevin Rush likes this.
    06-30-2013 08:33 AM
    What official apps have been released? I managed to get the Facebook beta which is a lot better than the other Facebook app but still needs work.

The HTC One is a gorgeous looking phone but having owned HTC phones in the past the updates are slow compared to others, unless you are planning on the Google edition.

I love the whole lay out of WP8 and the integration into apps, which looks beautiful compared to Android.

I must admit I used to try ROMS all the time on my N4 which frustrated me a little and is a slight reason upon returning to WP.

Has anything been touted about with regards to a update to WP8 as I have read that Windows 8 will shortly be updated to Windows 8.1

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    06-30-2013 08:51 AM
    I can't name all the apps coz there were quite a few but there all in the apps section of this site!

Thx 4 the heads up on HTC:) a can't stand Android n I don't wanna b a sheep by getting n iPhone but WP is really pissin me off! I've only ever used Nokia but MS are running like WP is a desktop where nobody updates for yrs!! They have to get their act together and fast otherwise they will have a mass exodus on their hands! I'm spewing I got rid of my N8 coz honestly I had a better experience:(
    06-30-2013 09:02 AM
    Get a Blackberry then. 😋

iPhones just work, that's what they do and that's one reason they sell so well. Android is for tinkerers.

It is annoying in how far Android and iOS is in front of WP8 and i totally agree they need to catch up quickly. But we've been saying this since WP7. Improvements are coming slowly, each to their own i guess.
    06-30-2013 11:11 AM
    I've just left ios for WP. I had got so bored with ios, yeah it has some differing functionality, but i don't miss it at all. My iphone froze in many an app. I looked in the iphone crash log and it spanned pages. All the things that are important to me are here in WP bar 2 Browser does not support photo upload and the Facebook app doesn't support multiple photo posting into a feed from the app. My outlook home and work appear to sync well, the camera is amazing for a phone, and I definitely prefer the metro interface. Suits the phone better than my laptop. Cant comment on android as ive never used it, but go back to ios....not in the foreseeable future. Its as dull as dishwater.
    06-30-2013 12:07 PM
    I had no intention of going to iPhone as I played with a girlfriends one the other day n couldn't handle even looking at it lol WP 4 me has issues that are now 3yrs old n STILL not fixed! The main one is "other" memory, I don't even play games n yet I have to factory reset my phone every couple of mths, they still haven't fixed a problem that has been there since day one!!! If u have to reset ur phone for ANY reason that is kinda a big deal and the fact that it exists is a well known fact even by the non-tech peepz:(
    06-30-2013 04:05 PM