Repeated text messages

romant56

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone. My gf just got a 928 (on Verizon of course) and she complained that many times when she gets a text she gets it twice. I have an 8X and the same thing happens to me, but I just kind of ignore it. She's on a Canada plan though, and has limited text messages available, so she's kind of worried about this.

Does anyone else experience this? Any solutions? Is it a Verizon problem?

Thanks for any help you may have!

Roman

chefster74

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I get them now and then, sometimes daily on my 928. Don't remember it happening on my Rezound, but it did on my HTC Thunderbolt and my Cricket Huawei Ascend quite often. I don't think it's a fixable thing, more like something ya just live with. Oh and I have had them from other Verizon customers as well as any other providers my friends use.

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
This happens to me every few days, and had the same problem on my 8x as well. Once you restart the phone it should stop.

jimmiet

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Its a carrier software thing where the system thinks you haven't received the message, even though you have, so it pushes the message to the phone again. It can also be on the senders end, the system thinks the message wasn't uploaded, so it uploads and sends it again. Had the problem on U.S. Cellular for along time, years ago. Still happens when my sister text now and then, she's on U.S.C. I'd call Verizon and make them aware of it, see if they can do anything since your worried about your message limit.

enthuz

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
This must not be OS related nor with any one carrier. It happens on my Android too. It just happens and stops just as mysteriously.

Sent from my PG86100 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos